how to remove windscreen trim ?

white.akita

Reaction score
hi, at motorway speeds there is wind getting under the windscreen which can be felt and heard in the cab.
i want to use tiger seal around the windscreen without removing the screen to try and seal it better.
how does the exterior trim come off so i can get to the sides of the windscreen ?

hi mate im a windscreen fitter, to be honest if you can feel wind inside then your windscreen should have your screen taken out and re fitted as its not sealed properly and its making your car unsafe, the side trims should just pull off using your fingers if you want to do it yourself

im sure the windscreen makes up part of the cars structural support for safety reasons too?

Yeah its does, thats why i would be having the screen taken out and re fitted because if the worst does happen and the car rolls the screen could come out and the roof will come down on who evers heads are in the car and thats not nice

I thought that windscreens nearly always break when someone tries to remove them?

50 50 really, its glass so sometimes they do but if yours isn't stuck very well then it may come out easier then others

hi mate im a windscreen fitter, to be honest if you can feel wind inside then your windscreen should have your screen taken out and re fitted as its not sealed properly and its making your car unsafe, the side trims should just pull off using your fingers if you want to do it yourself

Hi Michael would you be able to help I need to change the side trim of my windshield are they difficult to do ? Do you you know if they have any pins or is just glue. ? Any advice on how to do it would be great. Thank you