HOW TO SEARCH FOR YOUR OWN ANSWERS

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As the same question gets posted up again and again about the same topics (may it be the same topic the very next day or even a year later) I am sharing with you guys how i find info on this forum.

Now the quality of the info on this Forum is by far second to none! and to find the right part of the info you need is starting to get diluted with the multiple threads that are being created with the same 'Keywords'
the search function on the forum is somewhat confusing i know and can often bring up results that are not entirely relevant to what you are looking for so here is a tip that always helps me find things.

Alot of you may already know this and use this method but for those who don't, here you go:

go to Google and start by typing in "site:audi-sport.net" (without the ") and then put in a space followed by what you want to know.
This also works with any other site or forum you are looking for information. as long as you start the search with the word "site:" and without leaving a space you type in the site name it will bring up the results from that site only. this method filters out the results very well as Google's search engine is very good.

I hope this helps you guys out there and filters out the clutter of repeated threads that we get.

Thanks
Ash

Reactions: George Kost, MattKeating and @udi A3
Hahahaha it may have been my question that prompted this, I did search, honest :happy::whip:

Reactions: pinterovski
maybe you prompted it but its honestly not aimed at you or any one person. in all honestly there are alot of repeat threads and it would help everyone here if the correct info was available easily.
just trying to do my part to help this great forum

Reactions: Sevv
hai can i have an answer to.......? i searched honest lolz :)

Reactions: chris.vincent3 and pinterovski
Hi Guys,

As the same question gets posted up again and again about the same topics (may it be the same topic the very next day or even a year later) I am sharing with you guys how i find info on this forum.

Now the quality of the info on this Forum is by far second to none! and to find the right part of the info you need is starting to get diluted with the multiple threads that are being created with the same 'Keywords'
the search function on the forum is somewhat confusing i know and can often bring up results that are not entirely relevant to what you are looking for so here is a tip that always helps me find things.

Alot of you may already know this and use this method but for those who don't, here you go:

go to Google and start by typing in "site:audi-sport.net" (without the ") and then put in a space followed by what you want to know.
This also works with any other site or forum you are looking for information. as long as you start the search with the word "site:" and without leaving a space you type in the site name it will bring up the results from that site only. this method filters out the results very well as Google's search engine is very good.

I hope this helps you guys out there and filters out the clutter of repeated threads that we get.

Thanks
Ash
Thank you Ash, I've just joined and your post was very useful. i found a similar question to the one i had and posted it as a reply to previous posts. Thanks.