How to spot genuine bbs wheels

dangriff540

Reaction score
Right guys after a bit of help, i brought my car with 19inch bbs ch009 i think he described them as, i have now taken them off to put oem wheels on for the winter, now how do i tell if they are genuin?? Also im toying with the idea of selling/swapping them, tbey are staggered fronts 9j and rears 9.5j, id have them refurbed by my mate whos a sprayer at local bmw dealership so they would be mint and i was wondering what sort of money they would be worth?? I see ones on ebay with 'bbs ch style' in the description for around £500, im guessing these are aftermarket wheels right??

The ch number stamped between the spokes, also the style of the font on the face of the wheel, also the spigot ring in the back, it should be alloy and with it not in the centre bite size would be huge. I had a set of genuine ch's on my b6 a4 unsure if there's still pics on my thread some where on the forum

The ch number stamped between the spokes, also the style of the font on the face of the wheel, also the spigot ring in the back, it should be alloy and with it not in the centre bite size would be huge. I had a set of genuine ch's on my b6 a4 unsure if there's still pics on my thread some where on the forum

Ill have a look for the number on the insides of the wheel tomorrow then!! Would you be able to tell the difference from a picture? If so .....

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5,207
Ok gutted, i will be checking for codes on the insides of the wheels in the next hour or so, will post what i find and maybe take a picture or two but they are pretty dirty atm!!

IMG 20151228 113137078 IMG 20151228 113145090

Attachments

• IMG_20151228_113427520.jpg
    IMG_20151228_113427520.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,565
The pic of the outside of the wheel with ch003 is the 9.5j and so is the picture of the cleaner inside and the dirtier inside wheel is the 9js!!

The pic of the outside of the wheel with ch003 is the 9.5j and so is the picture of the cleaner inside and the dirtier inside wheel is the 9js!!
But there is no markings on the faces of the 9js i forgot to say!!

They are replicas.

The "motorsport" text is in the wrong font style.

Genuine:

Top = genuine
Bottom = replica

Reactions: dangriff540
Thanks for helping me clear this up guys, not the outcome i had hoped for but never the less i still have some nice wheels. Looks like i will be keeping them and refurbing them instead of refurbing and selling to get some genuine rs6 18/19s. Only time will tell!!