How to tell who mapped my car

Charlied_s3

Reaction score
Morning people! Just after a bit of help really, I'm booked in up at r-tech next Thursday for stage 2 on my s3 not had the car for long (which i brought standard) and wanted a map! So added my 3"downpipe de cat and CAI kit and booked in! However I went to the amd meet at the weekend and put the car on the rollers only to find it made 335bhp and 330 ft/lb which amd said straight away it's mapped! After speaking to nikki at rtech he said some times if it's a revo or apr map it can be tricky to remap them to his map! And can some times lock out the ecu so what would the best way for me to find out the map?? Last owner said they hadn't touched the car
Cheers

They can just flash it back to stock if the remap is locked, thats what happened with mine, got flashed back to stock then could be re written again

As above.

That's also an unexpected bonus form the weekend....good result.

Okay thanks boys! Yer Defo wasent expecting it! This is the graph!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 189
Reactions: armstrong_21490 and S3Alex
I think I'd have been very happy with that at Stg2....nice result and smooth graphs.

Spoke to couple people and had it plugged into vagcom boosting at just under 1.4bar (1.39) few people have said that it's a stage 1 map not 2?? Any ideas

Boost is irrelevant to the stage of map, it could be the same or even less if you are flowing more air. 1.4 bar is a fair amount. There is very little difference between stage 1 and 2.

Thanks, Rick

Reactions: S3Alex
Charlied same issue for me mate, had a kid I know plug his mapping gear into mine just to read files and couldn't get into the ECU which he said its deffo been mapped if he can't read it. He suspected revo as he'd had probs with theres before, I bought it standard so told, but it certainly doesn't feel mapped to me not next to my other s3 I had any how which was st1.

Gonna have to get mine on rollin to find out.

If you give Revo a call, your car should be on their system. I know when I sold my Golf Gti, I had the map put back to standard, but the map could be obtained from Revo.
It's worth ruling them out I guess as an option.

I found out the hard way that my car was previously mapped :(

I had recently brought it n took it for a service to get it checked over. They reported that there was a "low fuel" error code that they repeatedly tried to clear but with no joy.

So anyhoooo...I pick up the car n drive home n woooooooooow....it felt stupidly sluggish in comparison to before, which led me to believe whatever was on there had been wiped when they were fiddling with the error code.

I phoned revo, but they atleast need a general location of where and when the car would have been mapped to check whether its in their system. Ive since had a revo engineer plug in their laptop to see whether it had one of their maps but nothing was found...so now I have as much chance finding what it was by pi$$ing in the wind n see where it lands :(

Before the "service" it would pull hard from about 2000rpm in ALL gears, to the point where I may have accidently been in 6th gear accelerating not realising that with the increasing engine noise, the stronger the liklihood of me losing my licence :$ nowadays she only seems to get excited after about 2500rmp, and is doesnt have the same urgency in the higher gears