How to top up A3 convertible hydraulic fluid?

Superbracey

Reaction score
Hi. I've tried the search feature but not found an answer to this. Last week I bought a 2008 A3 convertible. The electric roof worker faultlessly.

A couple of days ago I went to put the roof down and the motor sounded like it was labouring (louder than normal) and the roof stopped momentarily then slowly went down. It make the same noise putting the roof back up.

I've checked the fluid reservoir in the boot and its low when checking with the roof open (which I believe is the correct way to check the level). With the roof closed the fluid is well below the minimum marker.

Ignoring where the fluid might have gone, how do you top it up? The brass bleed screw doesn't come all the way out and, besides, it's below the fluid level and would allow the remaining fluid to leak if removed. I can't feel any other plugs or screws on the plastic reservoir.

Thanks

Hi. I've tried the search feature but not found an answer to this. Last week I bought a 2008 A3 convertible. The electric roof worker faultlessly.

A couple of days ago I went to put the roof down and the motor sounded like it was labouring (louder than normal) and the roof stopped momentarily then slowly went down. It make the same noise putting the roof back up.

I've checked the fluid reservoir in the boot and its low when checking with the roof open (which I believe is the correct way to check the level). With the roof closed the fluid is well below the minimum marker.

Ignoring where the fluid might have gone, how do you top it up? The brass bleed screw doesn't come all the way out and, besides, it's below the fluid level and would allow the remaining fluid to leak if removed. I can't feel any other plugs or screws on the plastic reservoir.

Thanks
Hi did you have any luck with this? I have the same problem with my ‘59 plate A3