*HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR CLIMATE CONTROL UNIT FOR HEATED SEATS UPGRADE A3/S3/RS3 /

paulleemo

Reaction score
Hi there , alot of people seem to think that the climate control unit on the audi a3 8v s3 & rs3 is computer protected and that if you purchase a replacement for your car on ebay. it wont work and is locked by audi and will cost £100's of pounds for them to replace this for you. absolute rubbish, basically remove climate control unit with plastic removal tools so not to damage unit. then unplug the 3 plugs at the back there is a red tab you pull to release each plug of wires. then connect up your replacement unit with the heating buttons which your other unit didnt have as this is an upgrade for heated seats in your car, the configuration needs to change slightly on vcd. plug in and enter central electrics, select long coding and click on box which says seat heating fronts. then press ok, configuration changes and when you start car it will activate the coding and activate your climate control replacement all done and you just need connection loom for seat heating which runs from green seat plugs to climate control unit , plug and play simple as that.

Hi there , alot of people seem to think that the climate control unit on the audi a3 8v s3 & rs3 is computer protected and that if you purchase a replacement for your car on ebay. it wont work and is locked by audi and will cost £100's of pounds for them to replace this for you. absolute rubbish, basically remove climate control unit with plastic removal tools so not to damage unit. then unplug the 3 plugs at the back there is a red tab you pull to release each plug of wires. then connect up your replacement unit with the heating buttons which your other unit didnt have as this is an upgrade for heated seats in your car, the configuration needs to change slightly on vcd. plug in and enter central electrics, select long coding and click on box which says seat heating fronts. then press ok, configuration changes and when you start car it will activate the coding and activate your climate control replacement all done and you just need connection loom for seat heating which runs from green seat plugs to climate control unit , plug and play simple as that.

Do all the seats have the heating pad in them as default? I’m not sure they do.

also every other car (except the a3) has component protection on the AC units. The a3 is the only one that doesn’t.

What an odd first post. And as Boj says, the seats will have to be changed to those with the heating pad in.

Do all the seats have the heating pad in them as default? I’m not sure they do.

also every other car (except the a3) has component protection on the AC units. The a3 is the only one that doesn’t.
no they dont have heating pads in them ,best option is to upgrade your seats rather than strip the covers off and fit the elements.as for the component protection a3 is same system as s3 & rs3 so long as you are working with those models you can fit and upgrade anything you wish , i have upgraded my front dome light system and rear and fitted dynamic rear lights , powerfolding mirrors, the list goes on bud.

no they dont have heating pads in them ,best option is to upgrade your seats rather than strip the covers off and fit the elements.as for the component protection a3 is same system as s3 & rs3 so long as you are working with those models you can fit and upgrade anything you wish , i have upgraded my front dome light system and rear and fitted dynamic rear lights , powerfolding mirrors, the list goes on bud.

only certain modules are component protected lol. Nav unit being one of them...clocks being another. Lights and stuff don’t have component protection lol.

only certain modules are component protected lol. Nav unit being one of them...clocks being another. Lights and stuff don’t have component protection lol.
LOL I agree mate , but audi would tell you different, they just want your dosh! ;-)

What about the etron a3? There are some extra functions (aux scheduled heating/cooling) in the climate unit...

What about the etron a3? There are some extra functions (aux scheduled heating/cooling) in the climate unit...

depends what your upgrading, ;-) so long as the parts you fit are from a etron a3 8v model it should be ok, ;-)

Im searching for the diagram of retrofit heated seats? Thanks a lot!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk