hows it done?

swarcup

Reaction score
ive just fitted the lower rear valance with twin cut outs and now ive come to weld on some new tips,just wondering how exhaust tips are welded on. do you remove the whole of the original downturn end and weld it to the backbox or do you remove just the downturn bit leaving a stub and fix to that. Im going to weld them on myself, it just makes a difference on the diameter to buy as some are a constant width and some reduce down to the original diameter. I thought id ask as there are a lot that have done it or had it done.

many thanks in advance

Just cut the down turn off and leave a stub to weld too .

A full alround weld is what you want as nobody wants exhaust fumes cumming into the car

LOL, i don't think you got me, cut a hole in the underside of the new tip, then slid the tip over the old zorst so that the new tips can be seen and the zorst gasses still blow downwards, like i said, its not what im planning to do,

LOL, i don't think you got me, cut a hole in the underside of the new tip, then slid the tip over the old zorst so that the new tips can be seen and the zorst gasses still blow downwards, like i said, its not what im planning to do,
That would look naff and nasty .