Htc one and tech pack : messages ?

snowfree52

Reaction score
Hi
Does someone has the new HTC one m8?

Are you able to read and send messages through the Mmi?

Same question with the m7

Thanks

How did you do it?

Did you activate something special on the phone ?

I just bought the new one and it doesn't work

I think you will need to enable rSAP mode on the phone to get messages etc. to appear on the MMI. The default config of (later) Android phones is to only enable bluetooth headset profile. This is where the phone "owns" the SIM and all calls/messages are done through the phone. rSAP allows the phone to export the SIM connection to the car so the car becomes the phone. It is possible (there is a paid-for app which enables this on the Play store). The plus side is if this is enabled, you get to use the cars aerial, so tend to have a much better signal. The downside is that in rSAP mode, any calls/messages end up on the "car phone" (i.e. MMI) so when you take your phone out of the car, there is no record of calls/texts on the handset.

Or at least that is how it works in my Skoda Superb that has the RNS510 head unit....

I think you will need to enable rSAP mode on the phone to get messages etc. to appear on the MMI. The default config of (later) Android phones is to only enable bluetooth headset profile. This is where the phone "owns" the SIM and all calls/messages are done through the phone. rSAP allows the phone to export the SIM connection to the car so the car becomes the phone. It is possible (there is a paid-for app which enables this on the Play store). The plus side is if this is enabled, you get to use the cars aerial, so tend to have a much better signal. The downside is that in rSAP mode, any calls/messages end up on the "car phone" (i.e. MMI) so when you take your phone out of the car, there is no record of calls/texts on the handset.

Or at least that is how it works in my Skoda Superb that has the RNS510 head unit....

For rSAP does the Audi Music Stream app work?

I removed my rSAP app, because my S3 doesn't pick up the rSAP profile.
I was told by Audi that they will stop supporting it, as it's a protocol that the mobile phone industry is dropping.
Shame really, as the rSAP in my old a6 (mobile prep high) was far better in terms of call quality, signal strength and battery life.

So nothing special by way of config for mail and text - it just works. It's cool that she can read your mails out, but her pronunciation is awful. Makes me wonder why they don't use a better voice library like they do with the TomTom satnavs.

As I said though, I have the old HTC One - it's around one year old, and I tend not to play with the firmware for fear of breaking anything.

:( how comes

My phone doesn't want to activate them, that would be a shame if it works on the old one but not the new one,

Will wait to see if someone bought the same phone and could get it to work

When did you get your car? Because text messaging doesn't work on mine either (despite having phones which Audi say are supported). Im pretty sure early versions of the tech pack don't actually support SMS or email.

Hmmmm, I don't have that :(

Only thing under advanced is FTP server

Hi
Does someone has the new HTC one m8?

Are you able to read and send messages through the Mmi?

Same question with the m7

Thanks

I just replaced my HTC One M7 with an HTC One M8. With The One M7 I could see SMS and emails on MMI. With the One M8 I can no longer see them. The Messages tab on the MMI is greyed out. Like you I have no "message access" advanced bluetooth option on the phone, only an "allow FTP" option (which I have tried but is no help). I have tried googling for a fix, but no luck so far.
If there are any HTC M8 users who have fixed this, let me know.