Hybrid Remap, Best Place???

Yaseen1991

Reaction score
Hi, been a long time since ive been on here,

so last week turbo finally went pop after 4months of thinking the police were following me around, another BKD chocolate turbo failure.

so £665 later im now waiting on my hybrid turbo to be delivered. I also had a problem with my intake manifold flap so quick trip to German Auto Spares relieved me of another £180, and while browsing the tinternet ordered myself a Allard EGR delete as well as a K&N 57i induction kit. Ive already got a Catbon Kevlar clutch fitted which i paid £650 for about 6 months ago and a FULL straight through cat less exhaust system from the turbo back

my mechanic is fitting all the bits on Tuesday aswell as giving the car a service and changing the pil feed pipe, just need ro get the car remapped now, hence the thread.

ive heard bout 15different storys so far on hybrid turbo output, but the turbo guy tells me all the claims of 240bhp are cobblers but i should see a strong 205-210bhp at 1.6bar

i really wanted an S3 inrercooler but i think il have to wait till i xan save some cash tbh, just wondering what people think about the turbo conversion, what bar i should run, whats the standard bar these BKD turbos run and if i will really really need the s3 intercooler straight away, AND most importantly who do i go to for mapping, as i want to go soon as car's done, ive got a budget of around £400 for the mapping

ALL ADVICE WELCOME AND THANKS IN ADVANCE

:)

Have a look at the sponsors threads on Audi Sport all off them are capable of your remap. If your are in East Anglia or the Midlands then Jabbasport come recomended as well.

How much am i looking for a map and what does it entail. Thanks

On your spec, it would be £400. It entails a datalog and pressure test of the car before any work is started. No point mapping a car with boost leaks. Either before you come or when you do we will have a chat of what you want from the car, and how you would like it to drive. Then the mapping starts, with boost being set to the turbo suppliers recommendation. Injection quantity and timing is then increased to a level we and the car is happy with given your power delivery requirements. Some people like the thrill of a huge dollop of torque, some prefer a smoother delivery. With a quattro we can be quite aggressive on how the power comes in, especially given your uprated clutch. You then drive away happy :)

Rick

I'd seriously consider Rick mate, he really knows what he's on about and is very good at what he does. You will not be dissapointed with the service and quality of the work! :)

hello mate, i will be using yourself, if you provide me with a contact nmber and il give you a call to sort things out. thanks

Darkside developments have just put a new engine, Hybrid, Injectors, upgraded clutch and an on the road remap. Cannot believe the difference. Strongly recommend these guys

long story but.....

Before it happened, I bought the car with 62,000 miles on and straight away got a remap at AMD essex taking it up to 182bhp and 303lb ft. Loved it and the following 20 months did 38,000 miles around france italy, the alps and UK, mainly motorway miles.

In June this year I went up the col de la bonette in France (2802 meters). I got up there fine but on the way back down the turbo just seemed to go pop. I turned the engine off and had to coast 12 miles back down to the nearest village, easy when you are up the highest mountain pass in europe. I was then still 78 miles from the nearest city. Eventually got back home and the my european breakdown cover got the car straight back to Darkside Developments in Barnsley. They found that the inlet and exhaust side of the turbo had completely snapped in two! probably due to lack of oxygen up there, the milage and remap?

They put a standard turbo on it straight away to get it back on the road. Once they started it up they knew there was something else wrong, noises from the bottom end.... So between the "recovery guy" taking it off my hands in France and the "recovery guy" dropping it of in the car park of Darkside, the engine was started with no oil in it - NEW ENGINE REQUIRED, nobody holding their hands up and me left with a broken car!

Ryan and Scott spent months searching for the right engine for me, they ended up finding a 2008 BKD with 40,000 on, Over the moon and worth the wait. So at that point I thought well while its out, it would be rude not to have a bigger turbo and stronger clutch fitted as well as a new dual mass flywheel, cam belt and water pump.

The lads couldn't get it running for ages worried there was something seriously wrong, it turned out that the old turbo had broken up and flown through 2 of the cylinders destroying the injector nozzles and pitting the pistons. So then went a full set of reconditioned injectors.

They then took it out on the road and custom remapped it. I asked for a quicker car but still economical on the motorway at 80 mph. They have done just that, i have done a 400 mile round trip this afternoon and between 75-90 mph average speed, I have averaged 55.6mpg. I filled up along the way, so far I've done 147 miles and it still says I have 570 miles left in the tank. if anything i would say my car is just as economical if not more, the turbo kicks in at a higher rpm and takes longer to spool up, I would say i'm using 1-15% of the LOUD pedal at 80 mph.

I'll stop going on now but I have fallen back in love with my sportback and can't thank the boys at Darkside for doing such a good job. I'll defo be keeping my car for a few more years now.