I’ve gone Bi !!!

quattrov6tdi

Reaction score
My third Audi since joining this forum and the best one I hope
2017 3.o bi-turbo avant
So happy, will be searching through upgrades and retrofits, anything that is a must, please let me know.
Cheers

Reactions: DonkeyIce
Congrats, welcome, let's see some pics, then.
I've had mine for a couple of months now, mods I've done so far are:
Debadged + black Audi rings and black exhaust tips
Reverse cam, Android auto, dash cams
Stance next

Reactions: quattrov6tdi and daytonamart
Where from?

Exhausts where genuine Audi items, they have them out in Europe on the Competition models

Stance, still thinking about what to do but will probably go with coilovers of some sort

NTtziJ3.jpg

Reactions: daytonamart, DonkeyIce and rjwojcik
Sorry about the quality but it hasn't stopped raining here in days.
I thinking about the reverse camera and keyless entry. Will fit myself so if any one could point me where to buy I would appreciate it, thanks. Also I have searched about apple play and if it is easy to convert and I am still clueless. One more thing is the phone charging pad doesn't seem to be working any info on that would also be appreciated. I try googling but no help.
Also there was a thread/post here with a list of things you could do with the vcds, like alarm chirp etc, I can seem to find it now.

VCDS mods - Post 13 in this thread.

I had the needle sweep, seat belt chime, drive with seatbelt un-fastened done (the last so that I can move it around the drive) by a guy local to me.

I have had the start-stop to defaulted to off to save wear on the starter gear and battery. The start-stop batteries are very expensive as well.

I wish that I had the alarm which sounds when the door is open open and the engine is running switched off - it's b.. annoying.

I would like keyless entry fitted to mine.

Reactions: quattrov6tdi

I had the needle sweep, seat belt chime, drive with seatbelt un-fastened done (the last so that I can move it around the drive) by a guy local to me.

I have had the start-stop to defaulted to off to save wear on the starter gear and battery. The start-stop batteries are very expensive as well.

I wish that I had the alarm which sounds when the door is open open and the engine is running switched off - it's b.. annoying.

Thank you for reply. I did the sweep and the alarm chirp myself today, I found the thread here with instructions.
Mine last a6 used switch off when I opened drivers door, this one doesn't so that is my next investigation tonight.
On the keyless entry, I researched a bit today and found this but not sure if that is everything needed from start to finish or do I need to change module as well.
Retrofitting Advanced key, Kessy for Audi A6, A7 4G (kufatec.com)

I thinking about the reverse camera and keyless entry. Will fit myself so if any one could point me where to buy I would appreciate it, thanks. Also I have searched about apple play and if it is easy to convert and I am still clueless. One more thing is the phone charging pad doesn't seem to be working any info on that would also be appreciated. I try googling but no help.
Also there was a thread/post here with a list of things you could do with the vcds, like alarm chirp etc, I can seem to find it now.

Regarding the phone charging pad, mine does take a little time to register sometimes around 20-30 secs then comes up on the MMI saying phone in cradle charging with charging icon in the bottom right corner. Obviously ignition needs to be on :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: blackwood and quattrov6tdi
some have phone box fitted like mine, this isn't wireless charging but a pad to place your phone to amplify reception

i just know both my A6s have had a pad in the arm rest which doesn't charge

Kufatec sound booster is a great addition to the Bi.
Love mine.

Reactions: The_Golfather and quattrov6tdi

Speak to @DJAlix he supplied and fitted my reversing camera and know he can activate ApplePlay.

Door puddle lights/logos from eBay are a cheap & easy addition!

Speak to @DJAlix he supplied and fitted my reversing camera and know he can activate ApplePlay.

Door puddle lights/logos from eBay are a cheap & easy addition!

Thanks for reply SBJ, I had ordered the reversing camera and the keyless entry kits from kufatec before I saw your reply. I also did a deal with audi dealer to activate carplay when it goes for service next week, the service guy is a mate.
My next thing is the exterior door handle lights. My last a6 had them but this one doesn't. Anyone have any experience of this, no instructions come, is it straight forward, I wonder.
Genuine Audi OEM Retrofit Kit - Exterior Door Handle Light - A6 / A7 4G | VAG-TEC E-shop
I would like to do the leds when the door cards are off for the keyless entry.

cheers

Parts arrived from Kufatec, looks like a lot more work than I had imagined. Just as well we are heading into a break

Reactions: DonkeyIce
Started with the camera today, wow stripping the boot panels in quite nerve wrecking stuff. Run all the wires now but having trouble connecting. Any help is much appreciated. 4 wires must go to back of mmi unit. pin6 and pin 12 on blue block on quad lock and two wires to pin12 and 6 in grey plug but it doesn't say which wire is which.

Figured out the wiring and the camera worked, ran the VCDS and I have two fault codes. Not sure if there is a dedicated section here to query these. So I will post here and can move it if required. Again any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I used the one time coding dongle that Kufatec supplied.

First fault:

Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Labels:* None
Part No SW: 4G8 907 468 H HW: 4G8 907 468
Component: J533--Gateway H15 0096
Revision: -------- Serial number: 00000002541731
Coding: C0CD078118
Shop #: WSC 02391 785 00200
ASAM Dataset: EV_GatewPkoUDS 002000
ROD: EV_GatewPkoUDS_002_AU57.rod
VCID: 3D26CFFD2DF315E3584-8068
Battery Monitoring Control Module:
Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 8S0 915 181 B HW: 8S0 915 181 B
Component: J367-BDMHella H10 9070
Serial number: 6162573004
Voltage stabilizer:
Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 8K0 959 663 F HW: 8K0 959 663 F
Component: J532_DCDCStab H23 0022
Serial number: 161225000000000002BD
1 Fault Found:
0021 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
U1014 00 [009] - -
[Steuergerät falsch codiert (CAN)]
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 46
Mileage: 112301 km
Date: 2020.12.28
Time: 17:15:18
Voltage terminal 30: 11.5 V
Voltage terminal 15: 11.5 V
Control Module temperature: 14 °C
System status: Terminal 15 on
IN ESP_standstill flag: standstill detected
Engine running: OFF
IN ZAS_Te_X: On
Terminal 15 status via CAN: On
Terminal 15 status: On
Datenfeld: 0

Second fault:

Address 6C: Back-up Cam. (J772) Labels:| 4S0-980-556.clb
Part No SW: 4S0 980 556 A HW: 5Q0 980 556 B
Component: RVC Compact H15 0201
Coding: 0275010101002007000040
Shop #: WSC 17873 123 50804
ASAM Dataset: EV_CamSysRVRVCPANAAU57X 002003
ROD: EV_CamSysRVRVCPANAAU57X_002.rod
VCID: 392EDBED39DB29C374C-806C
1 Fault Found:
10489856 - No Basic Setting
B2010 00 [009] - -
[RearView system not calibrated]
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 46
Mileage: 112301 km
Date: 2020.12.28
Time: 17:15:17
passive

Reactions: rjwojcik
In 19 - can gateway make sure 6C has been added to your installation list. Second error = camera has not been calibrated.

In 19 - can gateway make sure 6C has been added to your installation list. Second error = camera has not been calibrated.

Thank you so much Dj for reply, but I am a bit green when it comes to this coding lark and I would appreciate some instruction or a link please if you could.

What coding steps have you completed so far?

Thanks again for the reply, I haven't done any coding steps. The kit came with a dongle to plugin and that is all I have done. It seems to be one time use thingy. The camera worked so I didn't take any notice till I ran the scan and the two above faults popped up. There was a load more which I assume came from various wires disconnected during fitting but I cleared all them and none came back bar the above two

• 19 - CAN Gateway
  • Installation List
  • Find 6c and tick
  • Save
  • Clear DTC
if you still have incorrectly coded after this then the coding dongle has changed something else which it did not need to. Common with these things.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I did as you said, there where two 6c so I just ticked one and cleared the DTCs and the fault is gone in 19 but 17-instruments popped up in red - "status cannot be reached 0100" but the log says no faults

Address 17: Instruments (J285) Labels:| 4H0-920-xxx-17.clb-SRI1
Part No SW: 4G8 920 987 R HW: 4G8 920 987 R
Component: TDieGb H15 0225
Revision: 15001308 Serial number: 658210217592032
Coding: 33A615000B412600010000
Shop #: WSC 02391 785 00200
ASAM Dataset: EV_RBD4K 004060
ROD: EV_RBD4K_AU57.rod
VCID: 48C8AE297231404BFB2-801C
No fault code found.

If your A6 is the facelift version of the C7 there are two 6C modules listed, you need to tick the 2nd one only. That’s what I did on mine, but yours maybe different and Alex is the oracle on these things!

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showth...struments-Status-Cannot-be-reached-0100/page2
Also CAN #19 - there are 2x 17 Instrument Cluster. Deselect the first one and restart, it will reinstate but other errors will go away.

Congrats, welcome, let's see some pics, then.
I've had mine for a couple of months now, mods I've done so far are:
Debadged + black Audi rings and black exhaust tips
Reverse cam, Android auto, dash cams
Stance next
Hi again, I am looking to change the tips. Was on to my mate in Audi and he thinks the part numbers for black ones are
4GO 253 825AA
4GO 253 826 B
Can you or anyone confirm this for me, thank you

Hi again, I am looking to change the tips. Was on to my mate in Audi and he thinks the part numbers for black ones are
4GO 253 825AA
4GO 253 826 B
Wish I could help you, but my receipt does not state the part numbers. I just went in Audi and asked them to source me black exhaust tips for my A6.

I was going to get the black tips for my A7, I put a parts request in and they were over £300

I removed mine and got them powder coated for £20

Attachments

• 016DDE13-C3CB-47A2-9275-EBFEC7C71AFD.jpeg
    016DDE13-C3CB-47A2-9275-EBFEC7C71AFD.jpeg
    972.3 KB · Views: 131
Yeah I was quoted €147 each, didn't even think of powder coating. Cheers, nice one.
Word of warning, if you take them off remove the diffuser too, or get them back on quickly, I left mine off for 3 weeks and this happened

Attachments

• CFCD1148-D93B-4071-8D6B-4E5FFF81EB91.jpeg
    CFCD1148-D93B-4071-8D6B-4E5FFF81EB91.jpeg
    775.7 KB · Views: 128
hell of a lot cheaper though... and i've seen the audi black ones losing paint, got confidence the powder coat will last

Hi
How did you switch the default stop/start to off on vcds please?
I would like to do the same mod.

Hi
How did you switch the default stop/start to off on vcds please?
I would like to do the same mod.
I had someone (based in North London) do it for me.
Something to do with defaulting it to be OFF and changing the function of the dashboard switch????

I had someone (based in North London) do it for me.
Something to do with defaulting it to be OFF and changing the function of the dashboard switch????
Ah ok, thanks for getting back to me.
Does anyone on here know how to do it on vcds please?

4GO 253 825AA
4GO 253 826 B
Took my tips off today, I can confirm these are the part numbers I ordered: