I agree with Sebastian (well I would would't I...)

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Vettel says "F1 has become too complex" (16 February 2016)

Four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel has warned Formula One not to get 'lost' in new complicated rules.

Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel believes Formula One has become "too complex" and risks further alienating supporters with over-the-top regulations.

F1 has undergone a major overhaul in recent years including the addition of a drag reduction system, the switch from V8 to turbocharged V6 engines, as well as restrictions on spending among other new rules.

And with sweeping regulation changes set to come into effect in 2017, the four-time world champion has warned F1 not to get "lost in over complicated rules".

"In short, I think the sport should be in the spotlight and it should be about which driver is the fastest," Vettel said on his website.

"Today the car plays an important role, like it did in the past. But we shouldn't get lost in over complicated rules.

"Our audience has to be able to identify with our cars again. At the moment F1 is just too complex and we're lacking sound."

He added: "The dominance of Mercedes in the past two years took away a lot of excitement for the fans. Plus the new rules focus too much on details.

"I think we have to be careful not to lose the roots of motor racing and I certainly hope the cars of the future will be more within their grasp."

NALF :yahoo:

Wonder if he would have said the same thing during his 4 year dominance of the sport. My guess is, probably not.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Of course not; does Lewis... :sadlike:

Remember, Lewis didn't turn up for Race of Champions (something to do with everyone having the same cars that discouraged his entry, maybe) but Sebastian did, and WON the event... :rockwoot:

Getting that 2016 F1 feeling already: Spooky, isn't it... :yahoo:

NALF... :racer:

I just wish they'd do the same as the WTCC or the BTTC. Everyone with the same engine and power. Yes, chassis will be different as will aero but makes things a bit more even. Thus best driver prevails.
Bernie letting that happen? No chance!

I think we’ve seen over the last 6+ years, new rules don’t make it a level playing field, and with limited testing it don’t give the other teams chance to catch up.
..So we see one team dominate till the next rule change. :-(

The quickest way to get around this, if we want to see different teams win and maybe some racing, is to have a handicapping system..
Drivers add (say) 5kg for every X amount points scored

Of course not; does Lewis... :sadlike:

Remember, Lewis didn't turn up for Race of Champions (something to do with everyone having the same cars that discouraged his entry, maybe) but Sebastian did, and WON the event... :rockwoot:

Getting that 2016 F1 feeling already: Spooky, isn't it... :yahoo:

NALF... :racer:

I don’t rate Race of Champions anymore than a thank you to the fans from the drivers, it’s more a show that a race.

…and you know it only took Seb 7 years / attempts to win this? Ouch!!
:whistle2:

I don’t rate Race of Champions anymore than a thank you to the fans from the drivers, it’s more a show that a race.

…and you know it only took Seb 7 years / attempts to win this? Ouch!!
:whistle2:

At least Seb's tried 7-times and in so doing offered something back to the fans...

NALF

I really don´t think they have done the right thing in F1 by scrapping the engine rules, it will now be an all out spending / development war between Ferrari and Mercedes.
I can´t see Honda getting a look in as they are so far behind the curve and are only running their engine in 2 cars so have limited running.
As for race of champions it is a little bit of a lottery but the quality drivers always rise to the top.

He added: "The dominance of Mercedes in the past two years took away a lot of excitement for the fans. Plus the new rules focus too much on details.

LOL! Like I didn't fall asleep during the last 2 years of his Championship winning run! Vettel still holds the most consecutive win a row @9 Grand Prix's!

I remember a time When Michael Schumacher was so damn good, that no one got near him, and that was boring to watch aswell.

F1 just goes through a phase where one driver/team dominates. It's totally normal.