I dont mean to be rude....

Bugsy_27

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
or insult anyone, I'm just intreged.

I've noticed that most peoples visual and body mods on here and all very similar and was wondering if anyones done anything different or pushed the bounderies with the visual look of their car?

And pics please?

Thanks Lee.

:thumbsup:

Does this push any boundries?

MyA3.jpg

A3's are gorgeous looking cars as standard, it's hard to do anything DRASTIC to them without ruining them IMO

As Smudge say, I think most like the OEM feel of the car so don't won't deviate too far from it.

I myself wouldn't want an A3 looking 'loud' as that for me defeats the A3 package.

I also agree with whats been said above. Some mods away from OEM can look tacky and doesnt suit the A3.

Guys do alot in the car not just outside, some of the ICE is awsome so not all OEM there.

OEM is a good path to follow regarding bodykits, variation on wheels seem to work well and give that individual look. Updating rear lights etc.. all good but stay away from the lexus look.

I looked around a lot for the best front bumper, and the S3 just happened to be best

S3 skirts are best as well :laugh:

Smuge has really slick wheels on his car too... Sarah back onto the RS6 ideas again!!

Watty 100% agree with the Lexus look on Audi = EPIC FAIL.

I'm not sure what the OP really meant, but I supposed OEM+ looks are somehow the way to go. There's a few decent lower chin lips and spoilers out there, but anything bigger or changes the whole bodyline of the car is just over the top IMO.

Hard to believe some people want there cars to look so bad. I've only just got my A3 SB and I'm going down the oem+ route the only thing I worry about is making my car look like something it's not. I don't want my sline to look like an S3.

OEM+ is where its at, its all about caefully selecting mods that compliment the car, and it is no eas feat, resulting in the way the car should have left the factory not resulting in you looking lke a tool whose other car is quite possibly a vauxhall nova with a slash cut heatstained 5" backbox, the benifits are you get compliments on your car and you dont get pummeled by the rozzers every 10 mins

this all being said i have been known to like certain companies aftermarket stuff in moderation of course oietteger being an example i also do like hte smoothed look on certain cars, like the scirrocco it looks gorgeous smoothed

These guys has done something different:

0036706_b.jpg

0036710_b.jpg

0036661_b.jpg

0036611_b.jpg

22588-189758.jpg

2134690_1_full.jpg

Pushing the bounderies alright. Craptastic.
Ô.o

Oh, dear... A perfect illustration that different does not mean good.

Gerry atinkinsons one at Time Attack pushes the boundries a little, the archs look awesome but its a race car. Shame it got beat by two MINIs, but it does look top and it goes like feck.

IMG_0892.jpg

Last edited:
Sarah back onto the RS6 ideas again!!

Ive got some S3 alloys to go on for now, OEM 18s. These will do until I can get some OEM RS6s next year probably now! I can wait, seems all I do at the moment as funds keep being taken to fix him at the moment! lol

Ive got some S3 alloys to go on for now, OEM 18s. These will do until I can get some OEM RS6s next year probably now! I can wait, seems all I do at the moment as funds keep being taken to fix him at the moment! lol

I swear in the pictures yours has RS6 alloys?

like people have already said with the A3's you have to be so careful not to do something which could ruin them. For me tints and removing few badges was a must, and only external mods will be subtle lowering and possibly changing to 18/19" RS4 alloys in the future.

I am a big fan of OEM myself and also agree with P5SND, I really like the Oettinger stuff, its different but not too much or over the top.

On alot of the american Audi forums they seem to be doing alot of visual mods and wondered if anyone had anything different over here.

Also thanks for not grilling me haha

Heres a few I've found.....

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq172/lee_malone/14nv2.jpg
14nv2.jpg

81318079xh9.jpg

_DSC0831.jpg

rolling_shot_.jpg

race1yk51.jpg

IMG_07531.jpg

A3-O.jpg

3541080927_9aa85c494f_b1.jpg

3085506753_af55e873b0_b1.jpg

_DSC07621.jpg

I have never been to keen on SB but that red one has just changed my mind

I swear in the pictures yours has RS6 alloys? .

Yeh, mine are the older RS6! I'm wanting the newer RS6s! in 19s if I get my way lol

The pics above, loving the greenish SB with Black bonnet and the 1st red pic! The red ones stuning in that pic!

Most of those in the pics still have the bumper strips on!! Is that the norm in the US?? Prefer smoother tbh

smooth all the way.

I hate bump strips, and may long term, totally de bump my baby :)

i love that R32'd car! not something i'd do myself as i think other things look better, but 10/10 for originality, looks and finish from me.

Dont like the chav mods to be fair! Keep it subtle and oem!

That R32 exhaust looks wrong, i've seen it done on a VW touran and it loked awesome as he fitted the reflectors aswell.

Pretty selections! Personally I'm liking the R32 end. Who cares, it's part of the VWAG stuffs anyway.

I do like the R32 rear too, but I wouldnt do it on my car personally.

I came across these pics online and wondered if it belong to anyone on here....

sil2.jpg

sil.jpg

sil3.jpg

Also just wondering what you guys think of this Osir Spoiler?

osir.jpg