I love my S1!!

RMJ891

Reaction score
Just a short one... I live in London, and so mainly drive around the city and the home counties.

However, I went back "home" to Devon last weekend and went for a blast over Dartmoor... OH MY the S1 is a great choice of car.

I have 'got used to' the power in normal driving, and sort of thought I would quite like more bhp, but on narrow, lumpy, twisty, sunny English B roads with beautiful scenery, there are actually very few cars I would rather have been driving. An RS3 / Cayman variants / 911 / any supercar would have been too wide and have excess power, but dynamic mode set and windows down to listen to the exhaust... PERFECT.

So good to fall in love with your car again!

Reactions: AD & DK - Jones
Living in Dorset I fully agree - the S1 is uber fun on the B roads. Though I found the 231PS not quite enough so hence the tune.
And my on the way RS3 I don't think will be too big - it's still a small car.

Of course - it'll be absolutely fantastic. I just mean that it was nice to be relieved of that slightly guilty feeling I had that I wanted 'more' after such a short period. It's funny that you could probably buy a Ferrari 458 and after a few months also be looking at the 'next thing'. Just how humans work, I guess...

But it did make me sad that I spend more time in traffic and on potholed streets than amongst the good stuff... looking forward to my blast through the lakes next month!

Yea, I remember after driving the RS6 and getting back in my SQ5 an overwhelming feeling of 'well this is a bit boring'! I never thought I would find 650Nm boring up until that point!

Living In plymouth my S1 spent the days it wasn't in the garage on dartmoor!

Reactions: RMJ891
That's where I'm from, too! :)

That's where I'm from, too! :)

Oh sweet! There is a black one local too but that's it.
I've chopped mine in for an S3 now though.

For ages I was looking for another local s1 to do some comparisons with whilst mine kept faulting but at the time, there was only 7 in the UK!

Dartmoor is deffiently the place to test it out! I've got some good times around burrator lol.

Reactions: RMJ891