I love my S3

god_thats_quick

Numptie of the highest order
Reaction score
Website
www.theregister.co.uk
Well, I know I don't appear on here that much, but I thought I'd share something. :icon_thumright:

I've done probably close on 4,500 miles in the last 4 weeks in my s3, 2500 of which were in the last week around europe.

Even doing 670miles in a day acoss germany and poland at upto 239kph wasn't tiring and I didn't get back ache once. That 239kph (on the gps) was in my standard 210bhp S3 with well over 100kgs of crap + me and over 107,000miles on the clock. I think it would have gone even faster but stuff kept getting in the way. :lmfao:

It then proceeded to be great over some of the worse roads in europe and also survived 4 laps of the ring without any issues other than slightly warm brakes.

Needless to say the last few weeks has reminded me why I think the S3 is such a great all round car.

It does feel like some bushes are probably twatted again and the wipers have given up but hey hoo it survived.

Anyone else been reminded why they love there S3 recently?

[URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/bparkes/T72_1566R.jpg"][URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/bparkes/T72_1566R.jpg"][/URL][/URL]

I'd love to do that!!

Nice pic mate, looks mint, i do have a thing for imola yellow S3's!!

Ash

hey that pic looks cool, do you know the guy behind frozen speed? had dinner with him earlier in the year with the m3 csl crowd, they are great bunch and very quick... i had a great time at the ring when i went and would recommend it to anyone who loves cars... and the bonus is you can go round in the wet (quattro) when all the really fast stuff (rwd) has to wait in the car park!

rickparmar said:
thats well good mate

fancy doing a write up and the costs

theres a website by someone which covers all the details on a trip to the ring with costs and all details. al find it later when i get home

Wow so S3 love!! :)

Sounds like you had a great trip, the Ring now there's a thought! :sly:

I too had fun in Europe in my S3 recently, only Switzerland, Italy and France, 1750 miles in 8 days, pretty much there and back, but the 7 hours from Friborg to Calais on Tuesday night was so relaxing, stick the cruise on and get 350 miles to a tank at 83mph!!
Slow as a slow thing in the mountains of Switzerland, compared to sea level, but still pretty quick. I was amazed how many admiring glances mine got too, it looks pretty stock bar from the -25mil suspension and BBS splits. But a lot of thumbs up form the locals in their VWs!!
Also, anyone else noticed some strange tastes in modded cars in Europe. In Switzerland, I saw more than one mk4 golf with CURTAINS in the back side windows......!! !

Well my trip wasn't cheap, but I guess most of that was petrol / food / drink and I guess on average accomodation was around €100 a night. Averaged 27 mpg for the whole trip which I was amazed at as that's higher than my normal driving in the uk.

Yep, I know Jochen (Mr Frozen Speed) quite well (he doesn't live far from me when he's in the UK), but this was my first trip to Spa, the Ring and Poland and the Czech Republic!

A trip to the ring wouldn't be that expensive if just a long weekend, the accomodation was only ~ €150 for two nights and the laps were something like €64 for 4, eurotunnel was £218 but you can get that a lot cheaper or get the ferry if you're flexible.

god_thats_quick said:
Well, I know I don't appear on here that much, but I thought I'd share something. :icon_thumright:

I've done probably close on 4,500 miles in the last 4 weeks in my s3, 2500 of which were in the last week around europe.

Even doing 670miles in a day acoss germany and poland at upto 239kph wasn't tiring and I didn't get back ache once. That 239kph (on the gps) was in my standard 210bhp S3 with well over 100kgs of crap + me and over 107,000miles on the clock. I think it would have gone even faster but stuff kept getting in the way. :lmfao:

It then proceeded to be great over some of the worse roads in europe and also survived 4 laps of the ring without any issues other than slightly warm brakes.

I'm doing pretty much the same thing in April, can't wait. It's reassuring to know that other people have done similar with positive reports :)

god_thats_quick said:
Anyone else been reminded why they love there S3 recently?

Yes. S3 + Remap + Cold, british winter air = Immense pleasure. The cold air really seems to make my car 'angrily' quick :)