I`m off, but not going far...

encee

Reaction score
Sorry all, but my S3 has gone.
I feel a bit of a plonker as I was only here literally a couple of months ago, when I`d just bought it, bubbling about how much I liked it, which I did at the time.

However, I think I mentioned that I`d just come from an E92 M3 at the time, and as the weeks have gone by, I`ve missed the sound and feel of my beast of a V8 much more than I ever thought I would.

So, as you do, I had to console myself with one of these bad boys instead ! :rock:

Reactions: James.B8, Ollie2014, glasgowdubber and 19 others
I feel a bit of a plonker as I was only here literally a couple of months ago, when I`d just bought it, bubbling about how much I liked it, which I did at the time.

However, I think I mentioned that I`d just come from an E92 M3 at the time, and as the weeks have gone by, I`ve missed the sound and feel of my beast of a V8 much more than I ever thought I would.

So, as you do, I had to console myself with one of these bad boys instead ! :rock:

ON THIS OCCASION.......................................... YOU ARE FORGIVEN !!

Reactions: Ollie2014, jimojameso, kanecullen89 and 6 others
ON THIS OCCASION.......................................... YOU ARE FORGIVEN !!

LOL, cheers bud. "Pleased", would be quite some understatement !

Reactions: kanecullen89, SpeedyFrog, pburv and 1 other person
LOL, cheers bud. "Pleased", would be quite some understatement !
Yeah, got to admit that is a whole new league above an S3. (and i like the S3 !)

Reactions: kanecullen89 and pburv
Thanks for the replies gents...:sunglasses:

I drove a total of no less than 674 miles for it yesterday - round trip, obviously - and on the ride back I absolutely knew I`d done the right thing.

Don`t get me wrong, on the way there, I had plenty of time to savour the delights of the S3, as it`s a really superb car, but yes, the RS is definitely ticking all the boxes for me !

Reactions: pburv
Thanks for the replies gents...:sunglasses:

I drove a total of no less than 674 miles for it yesterday - round trip, obviously - and on the ride back I absolutely knew I`d done the right thing.

Don`t get me wrong, on the way there, I had plenty of time to savour the delights of the S3, as it`s a really superb car, but yes, the RS is definitely ticking all the boxes for me !
I take it you got a good deal?
That is some step up from the S3!

Reactions: Rob2k68

It's a beauty mate! Stunning!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Oh you lucky git! And it's in the perfect colour!

Congrats mate...not at all jealous.... :p

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv

How about some pics of the big fat rear end?.....
I,m seeing a few here today..lol
DSC 0534

Reactions: Jassyo06, Daytonapig, S32B and 2 others
Could be worse mate, could have a G string on .............
You have no idea mate.....I would get into trouble from the mods and even worse....her indoors if I posted any pics of what,s around the pool today.. lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Sandra
Stunning car. Enjoy, I have a sneaky suspicion you will.

Cheers Scotty !

I take it you got a good deal?
That is some step up from the S3!

Yes mate, I believe I did. It was advertised on the Audi website with Aberdeen Audi, and I just happened to come across it shortly after it had been put on...
Unbelievably it was also one of the cheapest RS5`s on the site too, and with the mileage at only 20k, it was a no-brainer !

It's a beauty mate! Stunning!

Thanks bud; appreciated.

Oh you lucky git! And it's in the perfect colour!

Congrats mate...not at all jealous.... :p

Yes mate, must admit, I love the colour also. It`s a shame, as the pics don`t really do it justice, as Daytona Grey looks really "mean and moody", and very reflective in the right light. Cheers.

Again gents, thanks for ALL the comments ! :sm4:

Reactions: batch, SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06 and 3 others
@encee enjoy the new car. Awesome upgrade. :)

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Yes mate, must admit, I love the colour also. It`s a shame, as the pics don`t really do it justice, as Daytona Grey looks really "mean and moody", and very reflective in the right light. Cheers.

I was so torn between Daytona and Sepang when I ordered my S5. Think the Coupé shape suits both colours so well, particularly with the black trim. In the end I went with Sepang as I previously owned a black (Clio...), dark grey (Golf) and black car (A5)...wanted to be different!

When I see Daytona though...I do think....******!

Reactions: pburv
My soon to be S3 (Daytona Grey) next to your majestic monster would be like a kitty standing next to a roaring lion lol. It's a beast of car you have :) Keep going back to this page to look at the photos!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
Awesome car bud...but a rear shot would give all us a semi...lol,as ye can only really tell its a RS5 from the rear...so give us a doggy style photo...lol

Reactions: Daytonapig, MattSedg, pburv and 1 other person
@encee enjoy the new car. Awesome upgrade. :)

Cheers Sandra; much appreciated !

I was so torn between Daytona and Sepang when I ordered my S5. Think the Coupé shape suits both colours so well, particularly with the black trim. In the end I went with Sepang as I previously owned a black (Clio...), dark grey (Golf) and black car (A5)...wanted to be different!

When I see Daytona though...I do think....******!

I know what you mean mate, and I would have been just as happy with Sepang...

My soon to be S3 (Daytona Grey) next to your majestic monster would be like a kitty standing next to a roaring lion lol. It's a beast of car you have :) Keep going back to this page to look at the photos!

Excellent; cheers mate. Good to know that somebody else likes it as much as I do ! :grin:
Awesome car bud...but a rear shot would give all us a semi...lol,as ye can only really tell its a RS5 from the rear...so give us a doggy style photo...lol

There you go Jassy - "doggy-style", as requested ! :yahoo:

Reactions: THQuattro, Jcbmally, pburv and 3 others
Wow!!

What a car. I'm feeling very jealous right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ollie2014
Cheers Sandra; much appreciated !

I know what you mean mate, and I would have been just as happy with Sepang...

Excellent; cheers mate. Good to know that somebody else likes it as much as I do ! :grin:

There you go Jassy - "doggy-style", as requested ! :yahoo:

Am tingling all over mate...with that shot....best looking Audi ever.....one Daytona RS5 past me by on a dual carriageway one day....and its only until it goes by,you realise, how awesome and wide it looks from the rear...truly a classic in the making...all the best with it

Reactions: Sandra, SpeedyFrog and pburv
Am tingling all over mate...with that shot....best looking Audi ever.....one Daytona RS5 past me by on a dual carriageway one day....and its only until it goes by,you realise, how awesome and wide it looks from the rear...truly a classic in the making...all the best with it
Not often a wide rear gets so much positive lol

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Wow!!

What a car. I'm feeling very jealous right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate; you`re a gent.

Cracking way to put it Jassy - "a classic in the making" - and I must say, I totally agree with you.
I`m quickly finding out that this car is quite special; definitely more-so than I realised before I`d bought one, and not just on looks alone either.
Thanks for the kind comments bud, I really do appreciate it.

Reactions: Sandra, pburv and Jassyo06
Don't, whatever you do, start looking for RS5s fitted with Capristo exhausts on YouTube.

:p

What a great looking motor, one of the very best Audi make.

A magnificent trade up in my opinion. Watch those points tot up, be careful with that right foot!

So how does it compare to your M3? I guess they're pretty much rivals - but I always assumed, not sure why, that the RS5 wasn't as good as the Beemer?
It's beautiful by the way!

Don't, whatever you do, start looking for RS5s fitted with Capristo exhausts on YouTube.

:p

LOL, I`m just NOT going down that route mate, as I`ve just spent enough already. You just never know what the future brings though...:friendly wink:

What a great looking motor, one of the very best Audi make.

A magnificent trade up in my opinion. Watch those points tot up, be careful with that right foot!

Yeah, definitely steeve - the way it gets up there, with the minimum of fuss, is quite something else !

So how does it compare to your M3? I guess they're pretty much rivals - but I always assumed, not sure why, that the RS5 wasn't as good as the Beemer?
It's beautiful by the way!

batch: probably because you`ve read it so much over the years mate, that the M3 is the better steer...
Not quite sure where the journos get this from though, because fastest laps has them compared over 17 tracks, and believe it or not, the RS5 is quicker than the E93 M3 over 10 of them ! So who`s the better handler then ?
Anyway, I`m going to be writing my thoughts on this particular one in another thread soon enough. Cheers :sm4:

Reactions: Jassyo06, DrEskimo, pburv and 1 other person
Drove one myself on an Audi drivers day and can totally understand your choice...