I need to gain entry but my battery is dead HELP needed please

sheffieldyorky

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals
I really need to gain entry to my car which is a 8P1 2009 Hatchback·1.9 TDI Hatchback·1896ccm 105HP 77KW but the battery is dead.
confused.gif

I was told by a friend that because it will not open manually by the key the drivers door is now deadlocked.
I also can not get to the starter motor terminal to provide some power which then in turn I could use my remote, I have checked the remote battery for voltage which is good.
Does anybody have any idea how to gain entry, without breaking the window.
eek.gif

Tony
smile.gif

Don't you have the keyhole in the drivers side to use the blade from your remote key?

Edit: Never mind. Just read that you cannot manually unlock the door.

If you can’t get to the starter motor terminal, breaking the door glass is the cheapest way in.

I started the thread with the following "I really need to gain entry to my car which is a 8P1 2009 Hatchback·1.9 TDI Hatchback·1896ccm 105HP 77KW" NOT a golf.
I fully appreciate that they are in the same VW group but a Golf is a Golf and my vehicle is an Audi A3
I would go further than saying they're just in the same group, a golf mk5/mk6 is an a3 with a vw badge, so what what works for a golf will work for an a3

Reactions: abmat, Abi and George Kost