I take delivery of my S3 tomorrow!

Dburns1990

Reaction score
I take delivery of my S3 (comfort + sound + alloys + wireless charger + electric seats etc) in Navarra Blue on Monday!!

Reactions: RS3ree, JustLulu, NevMan and 2 others
* pressed post before I’d finished!!
I’m super excited and will post pics etc as soon as I’ve got it.

its my first ever car from new, is there anything I should know for owning a new car? Some people have said to me not to accelerate past 4000rpm for the 1st thousand miles? Does that kind of thing apply these days?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Ah the excitement of picking up a new car - there’s nothing like it. You’ll be like a kid before Christmas !
I picked my S3 up on 22 April and i’ve done just over 1000 miles by now. I can’t say that i consciously decided to take it easy over the last few weeks but i did anyway - it’s my first S3 so it took me a while to adapt to the power. I have noticed that as i’ve grown used to the car, the engine seems to have got into it’s stride too as the miles rack up, and it’s getting more and more fun to drive as the weeks pass by.
The fuel consumption has yet to improve but that’s a whole different story, and you don’t buy an S3 to be economical.
Enjoy your day !

Reactions: Dburns1990
FYI, if you click the red "edit" button under your post you can edit it... Good luck with the delivery, hope it all goes well!

Just ensure you let the S3 drink high octane fuel (eg...Shell Vpower, Esso Supreme, Tesco Momentum 99). Take it gentle until oil has warmed up, do not hoon it (up to 4k, non-foot flat should be ok once warm), in the first 1000 miles. After 1k miles, just wait for oil to warm up, then you can hoon it, and watch the fuel gauge drop, but your smile get wider! Inverse correlation!

Just ensure you let the S3 drink high octane fuel (eg...Shell Vpower, Esso Supreme, Tesco Momentum 99). Take it gentle until oil has warmed up, do not hoon it (up to 4k, non-foot flat should be ok once warm), in the first 1000 miles. After 1k miles, just wait for oil to warm up, then you can hoon it, and watch the fuel gauge drop, but your smile get wider! Inverse correlation!
Smiles per gallon :)

Reactions: LesleyG
Cheers for this, much appreciated.

Enjoy your collection day

for sure be nice , looks for any damages as i saw new cars at dealer witch scratches on bonnet etc ;-) so dont get to excited as that can get you lost

after all its loads of money ;)

but yes s3 its super cool car ;-) i got my 3 one now :D finally its 8Y

I take delivery of my S3 (comfort + sound + alloys + wireless charger + electric seats etc) in Navarra Blue on Monday!!

Love the colour but then I’m biased
Hope you enjoy the car mate and congrats.
I got through the run in period pretty quick, after all the first day I got it I drove from Brighton to The north east so it flew by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the purchase, best colour in my opinion too. Wish mine had C&S as the standard stereo is pants so the right move there!
I didn’t get to choose my options as it was a stock car already built, so I didn’t even realise for a month it had hill hold assist! (FYI - it’s in the MMI menu - mine had to be turned on).
Enjoy!

Love the colour but then I’m biased
Hope you enjoy the car mate and congrats.
I got through the run in period pretty quick, after all the first day I got it I drove from Brighton to The north east so it flew by.

Cheers pal, thank you! I’m 500 miles in already, and absolutely loving it! What a car. The only thing is my face hurts from all the grinning :-D

Reactions: JohnM100
Congrats on the purchase, best colour in my opinion too. Wish mine had C&S as the standard stereo is pants so the right move there!
I didn’t get to choose my options as it was a stock car already built, so I didn’t even realise for a month it had hill hold assist! (FYI - it’s in the MMI menu - mine had to be turned on).
Enjoy!

Spot on, much appreciated. There’s a world of settings I’ve got to work through!

Glad you are enjoying the car, when did you order it? We ordered in November and at the moment we are being told September for delivery. I am getting quite impatient.

one and half years in, 10,000 miles and it is a great car, no issues other than software updates and a factory recall for the Seals under the bulk head to stop water ingress into the footwell. Good luck and enjoy.

Reactions: AdamInKent
We pick ours up on Monday similar spec where available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro