I think I've been cheated!

Whilst leagally they look to be in the clear their behaviour is unethical and I suspect not the business model that any decent company would want to be involved with.

I am genuinely sorry for you, as they say a grand dont come for free!!!

Thats alot of anyones hard earned money nowadays, and i know what you are saying that you feel hard done by, they have really made a contract with you to sell it at 10,850, however if they did have it at a lower price and you could have had it at that price, then as mentioned their work ethics are all wrong, and from a big company like Audi, you would expect alot better.

I would speak to the site manager and write to Audi HO, what have you got to lose, apart from YOUR money??

I would also, if they dont give you a good response, tell them that you are going to name and shame them, i know it may seem harsh, but you asked for our opinions and this is what I would personally do.

Local newspaper, watchdog, rogue traders the lot mate.....

Good luck, i really hope you do get a good outcome on this.

Please keep up posted mate.

Nilz

I feel sorry for you, to an extent

but

you've been told several times in this thread alone what your best option is - and in my opinion the only sensible one. Take the car back and cancel your finance agreement, you dont need any reason it's your right.

A grand is a hell of alot of money in anybodies book - and after 5 years(assumption) of finance that grand is probably more like two.

So are you going to let some dodgy dealer take two grand of YOUR MONEY?

I wouldnt - no need to get angry at them just cancel the agreement, walk down the road and find a nice A3 or whatever for £9850 or even less.

It's not a tough decision to make, you just have to bite the bullet and do it.

OK, so the salesman has acted very unprofessionally but at the end of the day you willingly paid the asking price for the car so you must have thought it was worth it.

I suggest you write a letter of complaint to the dealer but you should also learn for your mistake and move on. Next time, make sure you know the value of the car and keep tabs on what cars you've looked at!

Unless they deceide to pay you something as a good will gesture i cannot see anything that you can do legaly.

Write to Audi Customer services at the head office and explain what has happened and let them know about this thread!
They seem to be good people their and may help you out!

Write to Audi Customer services at the head office and explain what has happened and let them know about this thread!
They seem to be good people their and may help you out!

Don't forget to mention things like Watchdog and Pistonheads forum, that will get their attention!

Well, I didn't get a reply from Audi UK customer service so I emailed Jeremy Hicks and I got a reply from him this morning telling me he will contact Leeds Audi to ask them to find out. Then a few hours later I got a call from Leeds Audi asking me what has happened and that they will investigate it further!

Well keep us updated and lets see what happens, I hope it gets sorted for you.

it sounds like they have advertised this car at the wrong price at £9850 because they told you it had been sold when they had probably reaslised they had wrongly priced it, then a short time later its back up for sale at the price they meant it to be (£10850)

Well good news! I am getting a cheque off Leeds Audi for £1000!

This is what they said happened.

The car was originally from Bradford Audi.

I enquired about the car at Leeds Audi almost about 3 weeks ago now.

When the car was bought by some other dude from Manchester, they couldn't get him finance so they had to put the car back on sale.

The Used Car Manager at Bradford Audi was away on holiday so the New Car Manager at Bradford Audi relisted the car, but at the incorrect price.

Leeds Audi said this was a genuine mistake, I asked why didn't the salesman notice the registration was exactly the same as the registration of the car that I wanted and was sold. They said they deal with a lot of cars and that it probably wouldn't of crossed the salesman's mind that it was the exact same car.

Anyways, I'm happy now! I'm glad I chased up on this, rather than just accept the loss.

Now I've got enough money for a remap or a holiday next year! :yahoo:

Well done mate thats a great result! I honestly didnt think you had much chance, so you proved me wrong, good skills on following it through, sounds like you have a bargain car now then!!

Congrats!! - similar thing happened to me when i bought my mk5 gti
the dealer had it priced on the forecourt 1k less than it should have been
they didn't pick up on this until we started to thrash a deal but they HAD TO honour the price they had it up for

thats superb news! a grand in your pocket is better than in theres!!!

Hey congrats....well done and glad you got it sorted...just one thing tho' a remap or a holiday??

What about the drinks :beerchug:

Happy for ya mate!!

Good news there then, well done for persisting with it!