I Want To Sell My MK1 S3 2001 (low mileage)

Radioactive

Reaction score
Hello, I'm after a bit of advice or guidance, I'm looking to offload my s3 and have no idea what is the best way to do so, it has low mileage for its age 72k and 1 lady owner from new (my nan!) I am now the keeper and wonder what is the best path to take to get it so an enthusiast, its located in Bristol.

Thanks for reading and any advice is massively appreciated.

Josh

Stick it on Autotrader and pay for a decent ad with bigger pictures, should get a healthy sum for it

You can always post on here under classifieds, When I was looking around to buy one 6-7 years ago I looked on here to see if there were any for sale. Always nice to see a bit of history of the car from previous threads, etc. admittedly I ended up buying mine from autotrader. If you put in the work with details, history and pictures then you'll avoid all the nonsense questions....... yes people still sell cars without putting what mileage it's done and wonder why they get loads of phone calls asking exactly that haha.

Keep us posted how you get on, but from what you've described so far...... I think you'd be looking at getting fair money for it being low mileage.

Reactions: Sandra
Thanks everyone, I just have no idea of value and wondered if any can point me in any direction at all. Whilst mileage is low body work is not great but the back seats have never really used so in pristine condition. If I pop some photos here could anyone give me a range of values to go for? Sorry to be a pain!

Thanks everyone, I just have no idea of value and wondered if any can point me in any direction at all. Whilst mileage is low body work is not great but the back seats have never really used so in pristine condition. If I pop some photos here could anyone give me a range of values to go for? Sorry to be a pain!
It's been a while since I looked at prices, but I just checked on Autotrader for all S3's prior to 03 plate and prices seem a bit on the high side with just one mk1 with higher mileage appearing a bit on the cheap side.
But as usual, anyone can ask for anything they want - what they actually get is a different story - obviously depending on how desperate/willing to wait until they sell.

personally body condition is everything - anything else can be fixed/repaired without too much fuss. So it really depends precisly what you mean by bodywork is not so good. ?
start respraying here and there , you then have to start asking questions - why was it resprayed , colour matching, accident damage, overspray's, colour blending if full panels not painted, rust repair/repaint likely to re-appear if not done properly (and some quite quickly). Again personally i would rather buy one with front stone chips to account for the mileage.....like I did all those years ago - and they are still there! BUT , saying that someone who knows their stuff can tell a good paint job when they see one upon close inspection.

If yours is original as you say and low mileage (and no damage/serious rust) even without FSH I think someone in the know should be able to tell a good one upon inspection - so many tell tell signs for those who know what they are looking at. check what the current sample of cars are being sold and advertise it accordingly.

Sorry dude but you are simply gonna have to put the research in using ebay, autotrader and maybe piston heads as a gauge to what the cars are selling for....

Unfortunately the S3 is one of those cars that the price seems to go up and down all the time.... the best you can do is look at the cars for sale on the places I mentioned and gauge a 'going rate' for the cars... work out how they fair against yours in terms of condition, service history and any mods then price accordingly...

Ultimately they are worth what someone is willing to pay for it.... you just have to make sure yours looks better than the rest for the prices that others are asking for them...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: danny_dj3
to be fair, its a lottery as to what your gonna get. personally i would scan autotrader/ebay/gumtree etc etc looking for similar to yours [milage,history,owners etc etc] and i would set a reserve of what you actually want for it on ebay and see what offers you get. theres a few places in the midlands that have been trying to sell our platform cars for nearly a year and they are still up for sale, yet a 1 owner car up here [ fsh etc ] with about 40k on the clock went off autotrader with a tag of 9k. if the bodyworks a bit iffy, then thats prob gonna drop your wanted price. pics posted up would be helpful as most of us here have been balls deep into repairing, rebuilding and finding parts and are aware of the negative side :(

post pics! ;)

quick check on ebay; cheapest 2.2k looks iffy as he dont even know the bhp [LOL] of the classic hes selling, and cheapest on autotrader is 4.5k with 7 owners and about 150k . guess we're on the up again :)

Last edited: