ICE upgrade - 8l s3

PiranhaMan

Reaction score
im completely removing the bose system in my car as its pants and partly broken
so far ive got an alpine head unit sorted, alpine 6x9's and a set of small pioneer speakers in the front
now i just need to sort a sub and amp

now im not very up on this type of stuff but ive narrowed it down to these 2 packages

Alpine SBG-12KIT Subwoofer Pack

or

JL Audio CS112-WX and JX250/1 Package

which of these do you think is the best package?

or if you have any other options for me im all ears (or eyes)

any help/advice would be a great help

thanks

They're both a bit underpowered, you really need 300wrms for a sub
the JL one has 250 wrms so not too far out

thanks for the link rob... ive seen that sub and it did look a good bit of kit... just want something with abit more punch

any other suggestions as to what i should be looking at then as im not too clued up

If you are not looking to shake the windows you should at least consider this one.
Small, great value and given a great review by TA
Alpine SWE-815 Active Subwoofer With Wired Remote Control - Subwoofers - Talk Audio Online Car Audio Magazine & Forum - Talk Audio Online Car Audio Magazine & Forum - Magazine

decided to go for this sub in the end... i was told id be pleasantly surprised and wow, they weren't wrong
its a quality well built bit of kit... got it for £115 in the end which is a steal for the sound quality it produces

i tried a 12" sub/box in my boot and it just took up too much space and looked crap
... this thing is tiny, slides right up into the corner but produces some really deep, crisp, clear bass

if anyone wants to see it in the boot i can snap a pic for you

worth a look if your in the market for a sub