If you hadn't bought an S3 (any variant) what would it have been...?

I recently purchased the misses a s3 sportsback which she did not like so o exchanges for a A3 diesel and she now loves. I currently have a 2011 Porsche 911 GTS, however in 18 months time it is getting traded in for a s3 sportsback in Daytona grey. I loved really liked the 8p s3, and the misses diesel 8v is lovely so I can only imagine the 8v s3 will be great...can't wait!

A second car, notionally for the wife.
I was looking to get the performance, nimbleness and sure-footedness of the late lamented TTS with adequate space for more than one passenger and/or weekly shopping. In addition I wanted an understated, but quality, interior and modern mechanicals/chassis. Exterior-wise I didn't want something that would attract attention from every wannabe with a big bore exhaust. Oh and it had to have a spare tyre, not a can of shaving foam!
Given that lot there was only one contender.

Reactions: Cleggy70
I looked at CLA AMG 45 and BMW 235i. Here in Australia there are considerations like Luxury Car Tax, etc and the "drive away" pricing was vastly different. CLA was about $96k AUD (GBP 50k) the BMW about $92k AUD (GBP 47.8k) List price and my S3 sedan was $72k AUD (GBP 37.4k) as I optioned it and negotiated. Add that to the manual gearbox was only available in the S3 - and the interior of the S3 - and it was easy, the S3 won hands down. Second was the BMW and the CLA was just ludicrously overpriced. Also my mate waited 18 months for a CLA then after 6months traded it for a Macan as he couldn't live with the ride...