If you ran an Audi main dealer ! ?

ACWKGYTO

Reaction score
Ok so what would you improve/change at the Audi main dealer ?

Most car dealerships I have been to might as well be selling fridges

Its mostly about selling finance, the product could be anything in their eyes

And to many people a car is just a functional object so its no big deal but

most dealers are completely out of touch with what car enthusiasts like myself want.

The whole process is very hit and miss when left purely in the hands of a sales person, who already closed the deal and has moved on to the next customer

Have you noticed how car sales people dont want to know you after the deal has been done, notice how much more difficult it is to get hold of them on the phone

They are pretending to be someone elses friend now ! I dont like car sales people, I tolerate them, they are trying to screw me on price after all !

If I ran an Audi dealership I would let the sales guys get on with their job of selling

I would have Audi enthusiasts who know all the spec, have all the answers, these would be the first contact at the showroom

They would also be the last contact too, they would be salaried not on commission like the sales team.

I would be offering professional detailing packages by professional detailers, not autoglym slapped on by valeters

I would actually employ a professional detailer to oversee and train the team so that enthusiasts like myself would want their car washed

Actually wouldnt it be nice to be able to take my car to the dealership I bought it from for a detail !!!!

I would also bring modifying in house too, if people want mods within reason dealerships should be offering it !

They are starting to realise this now slowly by producing their own performance parts which can be bought as add ons BMW as an example.

The ABT S1 offered recently by Stafford Audi was fully warranted

I wouldnt have handovers in separate rooms, I want the other customers to see how good the car looks, not hide it away

What would you do differently ! ?

Going for the personal touch hey? Got to look at the bigger picture though... They are running a business, and commission is sales and target based, how else are you going to motivate your car salesman to sell the cars?

I think Audi as a brand at this moment in time will have no issues selling their cars, and I think most people do a lot of research online before turning up to a showroom these days. Us enthusiasts are just a small percentage of their customers base, and some dealers are just better than others.

The only thing I'd change is the car list prices, they should be 50% cheaper! Lol. I've found Audi dealerships in recent times more welcoming than other brands though, it's all fake perhaps?, and it all ends when you get the car keys as you say, but is it not the same everywhere?

Not tried walking into a Porsche dealership yet mind, I'm sure the experience would be a notch higher.

Reactions: Arrkon and ACWKGYTO
I expect more from Audi main dealers, if they want me to continue paying through the nose for their cars they need to up their game big time !

Anyway....I didnt think an S3 could go sideways like that, you kept hold of it very well indeed....heart in mouth !

All depends on you experiences and expectations. I bought our Audi from Audi Shrewsbury from a really nice chap who was in his senior years, very helpful and great price for cash with thrown in extra's.
Now Manchester Audi is a different story even though they are of the same group 'Jardine Motors'. The only thing that'll get me to that dealership is the news its on fire !
I know another thing too, once we sell our A4 Cab i'll never touch another Audi, even a free one I'd sell straight away.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
All depends on you experiences and expectations. I bought our Audi from Audi Shrewsbury from a really nice chap who was in his senior years, very helpful and great price for cash with thrown in extra's.
Now Manchester Audi is a different story even though they are of the same group 'Jardine Motors'. The only thing that'll get me to that dealership is the news its on fire !
I know another thing too, once we sell our A4 Cab i'll never touch another Audi, even a free one I'd sell straight away.

I like the concept just get a bit jaded by the experience !

Simple Stop putting target boards in the service department, how can you claim customer service when dealers force their mechanics to replace a certain amount disc, pads, arms, fluids etc every week/month...

Simple Stop putting target boards in the service department, how can you claim customer service when dealers force their mechanics to replace a certain amount disc, pads, arms, fluids etc every week/month...

Gotta clock up those hours @ £125 an hour lets say 10 mechanics @ 40 hours a week = £50000 !

Lets say average 30k per annum salary x 10 = £300000 a year wages paid for in 6 weeks !

50 weeks of the year at 50k per week = £ 2.5 million

Wow so servicing and finance make money, selling cars is really just the start !

Reactions: voorhees
The parts guy at wear side audi hates me because I know more than him about the technical/mechanical side of cars
Plus I make his job easier buy bringing part numbers with me but he must think I'm being a d!ck hahaha

Gotta clock up those hours @ £125 an hour lets say 10 mechanics @ 40 hours a week = £50000 !

Lets say average 30k per annum salary x 10 = £300000 a year wages paid for in 6 weeks !

50 weeks of the year at 50k per week = £ 2.5 million

Wow so servicing and finance make money, selling cars is really just the start !

Not sure the maths work on that one quite... and I hate to think what the cost and over heads of a 7 million pound new dearship costs. I'm not saying they aren't making a healthy profit :) and do we need to be paying for 7 million pound buildings when buying a car?

The interesting trend for these new websites getting discounts from main dealers is an interesting twist to the story. Why go to the dealer and have a painful time when you can go on line and buy the same car for 10% less. As we get more used to buying everything online will the dealership of today have to change? Is the new model Audi City where you go and design the car and look at display models to then go home and order it from the comfort of your sofa?

I have been playing with CarWOW and others entering what I would like in a new car. It's an interesting feeling having lots of main dealers bidding on how much discount they will give you.. quite nice really :)

I would also bring modifying in house too, if people want mods within reason dealerships should be offering it !

They are starting to realise this now slowly by producing their own performance parts which can be bought as add ons BMW as an example.

The ABT S1 offered recently by Stafford Audi was fully warranted
What would you do differently ! ?

Audi does have performance parts available or atleast they used to. Going back to the days of the B5 RS4 and some of the later cars there was the option for GMBH tuned parts including ECUs. I'm amazed that audi never made more of them. There were brake upgrades and all sorts of there bits you could buy. Even back with the RS2 there were factory upgrades. I guess they just get over looked as parts and nothing else. I'm guessing that the ABT S1 was being covered by Stafford.

Not tried walking into a Porsche dealership yet mind, I'm sure the experience would be a notch higher.

If you think Audi can be bad :) If you ever want to feel better about your Audi dealer why not pop into the Porsche Dealer on the A43 and see how you feel after :) I'm sure they have good and bad as well, it's very dependent on the people working there more than the cars they are selling.

The parts guy at wear side audi hates me because I know more than him about the technical/mechanical side of cars
Plus I make his job easier buy bringing part numbers with me but he must think I'm being a d!ck hahaha

Why go to the dealer, TPS is just down the road and they like it if you just have the part numbers + they are cheaper. I've stopped going to the dealers for parts I just used TPS or EURO

Not sure the maths work on that one quite... and I hate to think what the cost and over heads of a 7 million pound new dearship costs. I'm not saying they aren't making a healthy profit :) and do we need to be paying for 7 million pound buildings when buying a car?

The interesting trend for these new websites getting discounts from main dealers is an interesting twist to the story. Why go to the dealer and have a painful time when you can go on line and buy the same car for 10% less. As we get more used to buying everything online will the dealership of today have to change? Is the new model Audi City where you go and design the car and look at display models to then go home and order it from the comfort of your sofa?

I have been playing with CarWOW and others entering what I would like in a new car. It's an interesting feeling having lots of main dealers bidding on how much discount they will give you.. quite nice really :)

Audi does have performance parts available or atleast they used to. Going back to the days of the B5 RS4 and some of the later cars there was the option for GMBH tuned parts including ECUs. I'm amazed that audi never made more of them. There were brake upgrades and all sorts of there bits you could buy. Even back with the RS2 there were factory upgrades. I guess they just get over looked as parts and nothing else. I'm guessing that the ABT S1 was being covered by Stafford.

If you think Audi can be bad :) If you ever want to feel better about your Audi dealer why not pop into the Porsche Dealer on the A43 and see how you feel after :) I'm sure they have good and bad as well, it's very dependent on the people working there more than the cars they are selling.

Carwow, is ok but what you get in discount the dealer claws back on your part ex

We need a better part ex system along with carwow or equivalent and we are not talking we buy any car, they really suck

probably just having a bad day - well bad day every day!!!!!! Nothing wrong with having more knowledge than him - cant rip you off!!!!!!!!!!