Ignitron ecu standalone for b61.8t

20vturbo

Reaction score
Hi, i am starting this thread to invite all people versed in the ignitron ecu to join the discussion...i have a 2004 Audi A4 1.8t havily modified and i recently bought the ignitron ecu, the purpose of this thread is to share knowledge to get the best out of ignitron ecu in regards to the b6 platform...
So. lets start the party.....

Congratulations on your purchase of an Ignitron, fantastic piece of kit I have had mine over 3.5 years.
There isn't probably much specific to a B6 as the engines are fairly similar across all the platforms they are used in. There is a general thread on the forum already and lots of info and help on the facebook forum for the Ignitron ECU.

tx, yes it is indeed, i am in the learning faze and i am more than happy with it, i have a general idea of how this works but i have alot to learn...
I've been reading the ignitron post and i am also on the fb group...
I am right now adding pins to the wiring and i want to know if i should add some extra that may be used in the future, i mean ahaving the wire lead in the ecu plenum to avoid opening the actual harness again since i am there???what other interesting mods are there related to adding pins on the ecu on a street car???
I also have aquamist hfs6 on the car and i want to have 2 modes, normal and race mode, normal mode is regular every day at 22psi boost, i want race mode at about 30psi with water/meth injection....aquamist has a dedicated wire that sends 4.5v when the system is on, this wire also goes to 0v if any of the aquamist faults are triggered (ex. i ran out of meth) or if i switch the meth off, wich means it will never go to 30psi when the meth is not fuctional.....I want that when i switch the meth on, the ecu goes in race mode with a new boost preset for 30psi and new fueling and ig advance, is this possible???how do i set it?
Another option with aquamist is boost reference, i need to connect a wire from aquamist to the signal wire from the map, this will allow aquamist to increase water duty cycle as boost rises to compensate...On the oem ecu i did not bother with these settings but with the ignitron, i can open up extra features and betther integrate meth injection...
I am also adding a fuel pressure sensor.... the base file is for amb engine code which is static fuel pressure at 4 bar....my question is, is the base file generated just like the factory, for 4 bar static pressure???if it is how do i change it for boost reference???

do i use the oem n75 or a mac valve? Do i need to change anything in the base file for the mac valve?

Hi there! Making the switch really soon, can't wait to try out this amazing ECU!