Illuminated door sills.

Alan Ahern

Reaction score
I have a 2018 A3 quattro sedan (US spec). The drivers door s-line illuminated sill has stopped working. I understand this is battery powered and activated by a magnet under the door. Does anyone know can the battery be replaced and how, and where exactly is the battery?
Thanks!

IMG 4342

If you have the OEM aftermarket/dealer fit ones, then yes they are battery powered and the battery can be replaced. Sadly you need to pull off the plate to get to the batteries. Also check the magnet is still there.

Check they are not factory OEM ones , which are hard wired.

If you have the OEM aftermarket/dealer fit ones, then yes they are battery powered and the battery can be replaced. Sadly you need to pull off the plate to get to the batteries. Also check the magnet is still there.

Check they are not factory OEM ones , which are hard wired.
Thanks - they are factory OEM so will have to be removed I assume. The replacement part I saw online - $330!!!!

Thanks - they are factory OEM so will have to be removed I assume. The replacement part I saw online - $330!!!!

They are hardwired then- may not need removing , youll need to investigate the wiring first.

Reactions: Alan Ahern
Reactions: Alan Ahern
Reactions: Potterswheel