Illuminated headlight switch

steveos3

Reaction score
Hi again
Iv'e also noticed the other night that the dipped beam symbol on the light switch is not illuminated but everything else is on that swith, is it suppose to be illuminated? i thought it was a common bulb to light the switch up, but i could be wrong?
Could anyone shed any light on this, excuse the pun!
Steve

You and my friend are the only one's that I know that this has happened to.

My friend just took his back to the dealer as it was still under warranty so don't really know what the fault was.

Have you tried taking it out and having a look ?

hi,
Yeah took it out today and took the switch apart, the individual illuminated symbols have their own led, the front and rear fog light symbols have two led's because they change colours when switch on. Each led is soldered to a printed circuit board. So its either a new switch and they certainly dont look cheap, or strip the switch down, remove and fit a new led, looks fiddly. But i know an electrical wizz from work who would make it look easy. So i may get him to look at it first.
Cheers

I imagine it must be a wiring fail, as LED's rarely go wrong do they.

If it was a wiring problem i'm sure there would be more then just one fault with the switch.

My switch is the same - when you first turn on the lights it fully lights up but then after a shortwhile the majority of the dial goes off.

As steve did, I also dismantled - I can only assume it's some bad solder connections? Couldn't see anything obviously 'broken'

It's an annoying fault....