Im going to bore you all now.....

Clover001

Reaction score
Hi guys, after some adivice.

Ive spoken to N8 about stance etc who has been a great help, basically ive got my MOT at the end of the month (2 weeks) and i need 3 tyres, but want new wheels anyway so seems poinless (and expensive) buying 3 new tyres for my old wheels if you get me, im posting this today as i need to get the wheels and tyres ordered in the next couple days if im going to get it sorted before MOT

Im interested in the Black edition A3 wheels, which are 18x8J, or the black edtion TT wheels which are 19x9j, almost definatly getting this desgin, just cant decide on size!

Just wondering 18 or 19? I do about 60 miles a day on the cornish roads (not the best) and dont want it scrapping if i can help it, ive seem some sick cars in the gallery on here, running 19" but what do you guys reckon?? Safer bet 18"s?? Or if 19"' what setup should i go for??

Sorry if this has been posted numerous times before just need some quick advise!! Cheers

not much difference in comfort tbh but 19's look better but 18's are better for handling , i run 18's dont have a single problem

You reckon 19" would be a problem to fit etc?? with spacing and rubbing etc??

no not at all mate loads are on 19's its all about the offset/tyre size etc... is you motor lowered too ??

Yea mate lowered it about 70mm, on 7.5J at the moment ET54 i think?? The 19's i belive are 19x9j ET52, and the 18" are 18x8J ET43, cant decide!!!

i think its your choice really looks or handling , for the right offset/tyre size etc... n8 is the man he knows alot about that kind of thing
my car is lowered aprox -65mm on v-maxx coilovers with 225/40/18 tyres on et45 offset alloys and only get the odd scrub here and there

im running 18" 45et 8.5j with 225/35/18 tyres and i dont rub at all and im pretty low so its a perfect set up ive had a few sets of 19's and these are my first set of 18's and i love them :)

Also arnt the new black edition wheels 7.5j not 8j?

Did you think about stretching your tyres at all mate?? Have you got your wheels spaced at all??

im running 18" 45et 8.5j with 225/35/18 tyres and i dont rub at all and im pretty low so its a perfect set up ive had a few sets of 19's and these are my first set of 18's and i love them :)

Also arnt the new black edition wheels 7.5j not 8j?
yeah i think standard wheels are 7.5j mate , you have the same set up as me i hardly ever have any rubbing mostly due to a cheapo tyre on the one side

Nah mate black edition 18" are 8J had them checked on the parts computer at work, is that your setup in the photo?? The red A3??

You both not spaced front or rears out at all?? Just thinking 19"s might be an effort trying to fit, especially 19x9j?

ive not got any spacers on mine at all mate am thinking of getting some 5mm for the rear but the fronts are bang on the rears need to come out a touch other than that a dam good offset at et45

whats the full spec on the wheels and tyres and how low you want to go and i will tell you how they will go :)

Well it's on coilies so u can adjust it higher if needs be, the 19" are 19x9j ET 52 i think mate

You will have to remove the screws and if you go reallly low it might rub slightly on 225's you will have to go 215 to be safe :)

That spec sounds like a wheel from a Audi TT mk2

I think I'm going to go for 18's thinking 225/35/18 I do alot of miles and to be fair with darker colored wheels against the tyre, probably wont notice that extra inch I'd imagine, cheers for your help tho, really appreciate it :)