dewey_s3

Reaction score
Recently purchased my first Audi, went with an S3 saloon with a fairly decent spec and in Nardo Grey!

I've had a few Golfs in the past but absolutely loving this so far.

Few security bits in place and then on to making it my own a little bit.

Looking to purchase some lowering springs, I've read good things about eibach sport lines but also been potentially looking at the KW HAS kit. Has anyone had any experience with the KW kit? Any photos on eibachs or kw kit will be appreciated!

I've done air suspension and coilovers on previous cars but not looking to go down that route with this, but I do need to lose some of that arch gap.

20191107 155258

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron240, Jcbmally, KenL and 8 others
Hi mate and welcome to the forums, nice looking car you have there. I thought the Nardo was a new colour for 2019 lol...shows how rare it is! Did you buy it from Audi?

Hi mate and welcome to the forums, nice looking car you have there. I thought the Nardo was a new colour for 2019 lol...shows how rare it is! Did you buy it from Audi?

Was Audi exclusive on the S3, the whole time I was looking for one I didnt see another! Yeah had it from Audi mate, so comes with the 2 year warranty, 2 year breakdown etc.

Recently purchased my first Audi, went with an S3 saloon with a fairly decent spec and in Nardo Grey!

Looking to purchase some lowering springs, I've read good things about eibach sport lines but also been potentially looking at the KW HAS kit. Has anyone had any experience with the KW kit? Any photos on eibachs or kw kit will be appreciated!

I've done air suspension and coilovers on previous cars but not looking to go down that route with this, but I do need to lose some of that arch gap.

View attachment 193338
@Stewart Thorne - Hi & :welcome!: to Audi-Sport.Net !
Fab looking PFL S3 saloon. Looks ace in nardo IMHO

Nearly had 2 new PFL S3 saloons myself, albeit in sepango bleu
But thats a very long story ! lol

Reactions: dewey_s3
Was Audi exclusive on the S3, the whole time I was looking for one I didnt see another! Yeah had it from Audi mate, so comes with the 2 year warranty, 2 year breakdown etc.
"Free" with RS3 and a £2.5k extra for all other models afaik!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your insight :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dewey_s3 and Bristle Hound

View attachment 193338

Scrubs up well...Looks better on a Saloon than it does on the Hatchbacks,Last of the PFL S3 Saloons....hence they where firing them out from the factory in all sorts of colours Enjoy

Yeah that's what I was thinking, good offer/deal that :icon thumright: I didn't want to mention it and then you say you bought it from a different dealership such as Evans Halshaw lol.

@Stewart Thorne - Hi & :welcome!: to Audi-Sport.Net !
Fab looking PFL S3 saloon. Looks ace in nardo IMHO

Nearly had 2 new PFL S3 saloons myself, albeit in sepango bleu
But thats a very long story ! lol

Thank you mate! I was originally looking for sepang but as soon as I saw this I couldnt leave it there!

Scrubs up well...Looks better on a Saloon than it does on the Hatchbacks,Last of the PFL S3 Saloons....hence they where firing them out from the factory in all sorts of colours Enjoy

I agree with you there, although I cant say I've seen enough of them in person to judge! Was originally audi demo for 3-4months so has pretty much everything on it too!

Yeah that's what I was thinking, good offer/deal that :icon thumright: I didn't want to mention it and then you say you bought it from a different dealership such as Evans Halshaw lol.

Yeah 100% best deal I saw... ideal that the only one that matched the spec i wanted was at audi to be fair! Well I used to work at Evans Halshaw, so lets just say working there made my mind up I wasnt gonna buy from there

Congrats! Welcome.

Thank you

Reactions: Bristle Hound and S32B
Yeah 100% best deal I saw... ideal that the only one that matched the spec i wanted was at audi to be fair! Well I used to work at Evans Halshaw, so lets just say working there made my mind up I wasnt gonna buy from there

Thank you

Surely the worst dealership in the country? How do they price there cars so cheap compared to the likes of the main dealers? Is it because they only give 3 month warranty or do they buy in ***** from auctions etc?

Reactions: S32B
Surely the worst dealership in the country? How do they price there cars so cheap compared to the likes of the main dealers? Is it because they only give 3 month warranty or do they buy in ***** from auctions etc?

I worked there for almost 3 years, did a "buying assistant" role then moved onto sales... the amount most dealers lose on cars because of head office pricing is unreal, they think they'll make it back up in finance and insurance commissions but not everyone wants to do that obviously.
Mostly buy cars from members of the public with their sell your car scheme, similar to we buy any car or via part exchange... so alot of the cars have problems when they come in that people dont want to pay for.

I worked there for almost 3 years, did a "buying assistant" role then moved onto sales... the amount most dealers lose on cars because of head office pricing is unreal, they think they'll make it back up in finance and insurance commissions but not everyone wants to do that obviously.
Mostly buy cars from members of the public with their sell your car scheme, similar to we buy any car or via part exchange... so alot of the cars have problems when they come in that people dont want to pay for.

That makes sense, Only used Evans Halshaw once & I’ve vowed to never use them again although there low pricing does sometimes grab your attention. It’s there prep work or lack of it & lack of customer services that really bothered me, also the 3 month warranty from a dealer of there size is shocking.

That makes sense, Only used Evans Halshaw once & I’ve vowed to never use them again although there low pricing does sometimes grab your attention. It’s there prep work or lack of it & lack of customer services that really bothered me, also the 3 month warranty from a dealer of there size is shocking.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, people get attracted by the low prices and to be honest I don't blame them.. some of the cars we were selling were selling for less than we could buy them for. Head office customer service was awful, the amount of times i'd been transferred a customer who literally screamed down the phone at me. all be cause whoever took the phone call basically couldn't be *****.
Only reason they only offer 3 months is because they want the additional income from the 12 or 24 month warranty. Don't get me wrong we had some absolute gem's come through and you can sometimes find the rose amongst the thorns but that's a rare occasion

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, people get attracted by the low prices and to be honest I don't blame them.. some of the cars we were selling were selling for less than we could buy them for. Head office customer service was awful, the amount of times i'd been transferred a customer who literally screamed down the phone at me. all be cause whoever took the phone call basically couldn't be *****.
Only reason they only offer 3 months is because they want the additional income from the 12 or 24 month warranty. Don't get me wrong we had some absolute gem's come through and you can sometimes find the rose amongst the thorns but that's a rare occasion

I had that problem with head office a few times, I purchased my car from Harrogate but live in County Durham. Harrogate knew they had made a balls of the A4 I bought from them so basically passed the problem onto the Durham branch. That particular A4 wasn’t one of the gems, I got drawn in with the price and loved the look of the car. Got it home after purchasing and found dent after dent & scratch after scratch.

I’m picking my new A3 up Wednesday, I know for a fact I can get the same car for around £1500/2000 cheaper from Evans but I know it won’t be right. Forgot to say, your S3 is beautiful.

I had that problem with head office a few times, I purchased my car from Harrogate but live in County Durham. Harrogate knew they had made a balls of the A4 I bought from them so basically passed the problem onto the Durham branch. That particular A4 wasn’t one of the gems, I got drawn in with the price and loved the look of the car. Got it home after purchasing and found dent after dent & scratch after scratch.

I’m picking my new A3 up Wednesday, I know for a fact I can get the same car for around £1500/2000 cheaper from Evans but I know it won’t be right. Forgot to say, your S3 is beautiful.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, had a few like that with us where the supplying site had left us with the issues, which is never good for a customer being passed between about 5 different people.
Yeah sometimes its worth the extra just for the service received and the aftercare!

Thanks mate! Spent ages trying to find the right one.

I think it comes down to how much you are spending as well, if it's only 6-7k on a car then Evans Halshaw is OK, but the money most of us spend on here!!! It's worth the extra for the piece of mind it's been checked and you have that 2 year warranty/services (if included).

I think it comes down to how much you are spending as well, if it's only 6-7k on a car then Evans Halshaw is OK, but the money most of us spend on here!!! It's worth the extra for the piece of mind it's been checked and you have that 2 year warranty/services (if included).

Yeah id 100% agree, if your paying 5/6/7k then you'd expect scuffs or marks.

Regarding the Suspension question, many on here using Eibach, some sportline and some prokit I went sport line and really happy (Sport back though not Saloon)

I made the decision to go Eibach early on based on the pure number of members going with that brand and not a single complaint. but it took me an age to decide on either pro or sport, even to the point of ordering pros and sports and subsequently cancelling the pro, in reflection I think I would have been disappointed with pro with the small drop as my sports give a decent drop without looking too low and no adverse effects on daily usability. Id imagine some issues with roads like farm roads or similar but who would take an S3 on the kind of terrain anyway?

I made the decision to go Eibach early on based on the pure number of members going with that brand and not a single complaint. but it took me an age to decide on either pro or sport, even to the point of ordering pros and sports and subsequently cancelling the pro, in reflection I think I would have been disappointed with pro with the small drop as my sports give a decent drop without looking too low and no adverse effects on daily usability. Id imagine some issues with roads like farm roads or similar but who would take an S3 on the kind of terrain anyway?

Yeah I dont think the pro will sit quite low enough for me but then I'm still debating going down the coilover route but I'm still not 100% yet.
Yeah I know what you mean mate!