Im new heres my car

aaerica

Reaction score
Hi im new round here so thought id introduce myself !

I have an audi A4 1.8t Sport thats been standard for too long so i thought it was time for some changes Ive fitted Audi A8 monoblock wheels FK silverline coilovers and some ice heres some pics let me know what you think !

smallfront.jpg

smallboot.jpg

smallside.jpg

Wow.....look really neat with A8 Monoblock alloys

oh and welcome to this site

Sean

Very nice motor Phil, and welcome to the forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

nice motor m8, i always wanted those wheels for my satin silver golf 4 but never found them, sold it now so im not jealous honestly, Lol

Nice one.... Where did you get your suspension set up and how much? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nice to see something different from the norm Phil /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif welcome to the forum also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Always seen those wheels on overdone german a4`s.

looks good on standard body /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif How much did the wheels set you back?

i picked up the wheels for £300 on ebay about a year ago were i right bargain !

The suspension was £500 and is
Fk highsoprts in stainless steel (Silverlines)
My dad and I fitted it,I was quite lucky with the heights, i set them up before going on the car with 60 mill of adjustment left on the fronts and put the rear platforms in the middle and that is how it turned out.

Engine mods will have to wait as im 22 and the insurance isnt the best as it is, but when im bored of it and the premium has reduced ill get it chipped and probably use a k04 turbo

Thanks for all your positive comments !

Phil

can you email me hi-res versions of the 1st and 3rd pic please. Want to photoshop them onto mine to see how they look.

Had only previously seen them chromed on b5`s which looked naff- but left alone as yours look great.

£300 is a bargain!

look sweet dude, loving that brandy wine colour gonna have that on part of my other car, good choice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif, probably the only colour you could possibly pull of gold with if you wanted

welcome mate and ppl say i hope i dont have to use my boot again i think they should be saying it to you lol

sweet install mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hope you never need your boot again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif really like your install i want to make a rack for my amps have something look as good as you guys's installs, don't know why i missed that pic, good job on the style really liking it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

im used to not having a boot my last car (below)

audi2.jpg

had ice in the boot too it is a pain sometimes not being able to carry things in there but im happy with the way it looks. Gonna clean the inside of the car out tomorrow and take some pics theres some little details in the cabin too. Basically getting it ready for VW Festival in leeds on sunday anyone going ?

Welcome to the forum Phil, very nice looking car. Love those rims.

How do you find the Coilovers?

I'm looking to buy a set very soon and the FK Silverlines are high on my list... did you go for the Silverline or Silverline X with adjustable damping? The car looks low as hell already and you say there is 60mm of adjustment left on the front!? Awesome... How much left at the back? And how did you manage to get them so cheap!?

Best of luck with all your future mods and at VW Festival tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best wishes

Tim

I got the Coilovers from Venom Motorsport they are Silverline (not damper adjustable) and were 420 + vat (about 490 inclusive) and came with free delivery. They do the non stainless version for 420 all in

Theres 60 mm of adjustment left at the front and 45 mm left at the back. The ride if firm as you would expect but still comfortable. My car only has 50k on the clock and you can tell the advantage of running new suspension it dosent crash over bumps etc.

Interesting... Venom offer group buys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif