Impreza WR1

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
hey guys want a bit of info on impreza wr1, ie what can they be remapped to, what are the internals good for etc thanks

Well, these are rapido out the box, 320bhp, and will do 60 in around 4secs.
Probs not the best forum to answer Scooby q's, but then there are a few previous owners on here im sure.

i'm pretty sure they're not mappable as standard, you need an esl daughter board fitted or aftermarket management, you can probably "chip" them to raise boost levels etc. Standard internals are good for about 350-400 bhp dependant on supporting mods, they're basically an sti lump.

threadrevival.jpg

It's nowt to do with post count, thats gonna increase quickly enough anyway, i never bothered checking when the post was started as it was near the top of the section anyway and as i also have a subaru and have been tuning them for a while i thought i'd offer any info i can.

yeah not a lot else out there with that kind of supercar performance as standard for the money these are going for now. shame they're so basic inside!

The early classics are pretty basic inside, but the facelift classics and newage aint too bad, besides there's less to go wrong with having less goodies fitted.

It's nowt to do with post count, thats gonna increase quickly enough anyway, i never bothered checking when the post was started as it was near the top of the section anyway and as i also have a subaru and have been tuning them for a while i thought i'd offer any info i can.
Oh right

Hi mate ive had lots of subarus ive had a 2005 sti type uk (2.0l)and have raced two or three wr1s (mates cars)and other than the colour and a bit of trim (i.e number plaque) you dont think there worth the extra money the 2005 on sti's come with the adjustable center diff . This makes it pritty much rear wheel drive and lots of fun in the wet and on track! the new age 2000 on can be maped (ecutec) i had a set of headers a blits spec s exhaust with a prodrive cat and ecu and fuel pump,hks induction kit ,turbosmart blow off valve and a few other bits and it made 287bhp at the wheels on standerd boost and 350bhp at the flywheel so with a remap to 1.6bar it would been close to 400bhp if you spend your money on the right bits your see good gains and they last. get the 2.0l rather than the 2.5 as the like to be tuned more .
hope this helps :salute: