In less than a week I have

cosmicblue

Reaction score
scuffed an alloy - in exactly the same circumstances that I last did an alloy getting out through the narrow exit of a company multi-storey car park...B*ll*x.

I did exactly that today!!! But I was going into the car park not coming out. It's pretty bad, too - about 1/4 to 1/3 of the rim is wrecked!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

And that awful harsh grinding noise really goes through you.........

Doh.....

I done my rear wheel on my R going round a tight bend with high kerbs... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

I have a neighbour who deals in prestige cars for living and is often getting wheels repaired - I'll seek his advice for the best people to use mindful that people have had trouble getting the colour match right.

Dude, I know how you feel. Been there done that. I still haven’t got it repaired though.

[ QUOTE ]
I done my rear wheel on my R going round a tight bend with high kerbs... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Drive-thrus are really bad for that, the week I got my A3 I went through KFC drive-thru and heard a horrible noise, I was sure I'd scarched my alloys but luckily it was just the tyre!

I almost did the same this morning but luckily it was just the tyre. I was sort of reverse parking at the time. I hate reverse - it's so slow to respond then as I'm just about losing my patience it flys back! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

My fiancee scuffed the nearside front on our SE. I should have been mad, but just inches away is a similarly-sized scuff on the edge of the bumper ...

[ QUOTE ]
My fiancee scuffed the nearside front on our SE. I should have been mad, but just inches away is a similarly-sized scuff on the edge of the bumper ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Trade her in whilst you have still have the option........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I clearly don't learn as I have added the n/s/r alloy to the wounded list in the same poxy car park!

I have given Wicked Wheels a call there local guy to me reckons that the colour match isn't an issue - "done loads".....

Got to hype Goodyear Eagle F1s now. The tyre design has a rim protector built in which sits about 3/8 to 1/2 inch wider than the rim itself. It has saved my rims from being damaged a couple of times now and the tyres havent been damaged either.

[ QUOTE ]
scuffed an alloy - in exactly the same circumstances that I last did an alloy getting out through the narrow exit of a company multi-storey car park...B*ll*x.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad luck mate! I'm trying to be really careful as my wheels ont he Astra were almost square when it went back!!! Plus got a bollokin from my Director about how much he'd spent on the car! ooopps!

mm i ground my front nearside after only 5 days of ownership, for some reason i just drove into a keeb ! LOL !

Goodness did i say Keeb i meant Kebab ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif LOL !

I drove into a Kebab

Maybe I could blame spilled chilli sauce for my kerb encounter?

Just had 2 repaired by wicked wheels via the Audi dealers.

£55 each and they're good as new, perfect match.

My dunlop SP9090's have the rim-protector side wall, but it only works at very low speeds, i.e. you feel the tyre nudge the kerb through the steering wheel and can steer away.

If you don't turn away then the weight of the car just quashes the tyre wall and kerb meets alloy!!

Dammit... this morning i took a chunk (perhaps a slight exaggeration) out of an alloy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I blame it entirely on the fire brigade who forced me (another exaggeration) to drive up the kerb to let them past! Absolutely nothing to do with the fact I drank gallons of champagne (no exaggeration!) last night at our xmas party! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dammit... this morning i took a chunk (perhaps a slight exaggeration) out of an alloy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I blame it entirely on the fire brigade who forced me (another exaggeration) to drive up the kerb to let them past! Absolutely nothing to do with the fact I drank gallons of champagne (no exaggeration!) last night at our xmas party! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This club is growing rapidly......

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, group buy on wheel repairs anyone? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, group buy on wheel repairs anyone? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or driving lessons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Or driving lessons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You beat me to it!

wicked wheels are supposed to be very good, I've not used them myself but I know a number of people that were so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off with the quality of another refurb they had them done again there, when the weather gets a bit nicer in the new year I'll be getting all my alloys done.

Thanks for the tip - I think I'm gonna wait a while and get them done in about 6 months. Although I'll try not to kerb them again, it's inevitable that I will!

[ QUOTE ]
wicked wheels are supposed to be very good, I've not used them myself but I know a number of people that were so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off with the quality of another refurb they had them done again there, when the weather gets a bit nicer in the new year I'll be getting all my alloys done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had the same advice - I'm going to get my two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif done between Christmas and New Year. The chap I spoke to reckoned that he had done loads for the local Audi dealers and I wouldn't be able to tell......I'll take photos and post them.

Honestly, wicked wheels are, erm.. wicked!

I was dubious about it but he did a fantastic job, I compared them to other new cars at the dealers at they were exactly the same. He puts the wheel on his in-van lathe thingy, pops the outside bead off the rim and works on it with the tyre in place.

And for free, he re-painted my 4 brake disc centres which had gone all rusty.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, wicked wheels are, erm.. wicked!

I was dubious about it but he did a fantastic job, I compared them to other new cars at the dealers at they were exactly the same. He puts the wheel on his in-van lathe thingy, pops the outside bead off the rim and works on it with the tyre in place.

And for free, he re-painted my 4 brake disc centres which had gone all rusty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he re-balance them after? I have had new tyres fitted since I introduced mr soft as putty alloy to mr hard as concrete..... concrete.

Maybe we should have a meet somewhere and get half a dozen of their vans to turn up as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

As he didn't remove the tyre (or more importantly rotate it on the wheel) there is no need for a balance, but I think his machine checks that as well.

I'm sure he would do it if needed. Compensation culture and all.

Footnote to my 1st post, Wicked wheels came today and refurbed the two wheels I have managed to damage thus far - perfect repair I can't tell.

Well pleased, £85 cash...

I just got a mini scuff today as well:motz:
Roughly 1" and only the tip of the rim.

My excuse = getting bored rounding the car park looking for a parking spot, mindlessly driving around not paying attention to what's ON the road. Hit a cinder block near the construction site.

Maybe I'll live with the scuff for a few months. Hopefully it'll get warm soon enough and I might try this
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext43.shtml
(yes, I'm too cheap to spend £45 for that small imperfection)

Else I might just get some aftermarket wheels during the next tyre change.

My car was 2 days old and I had an argument with the corner of a particularly high kerb stone - managed to dent the sill along 2 inches :mad:.

Just before Christmas as well - arrrghhh - £370 repair bill as well from an Audi recommended bodyshop - rubbish!

Still, they did a very good job, so it's not all bad!

ARRGHGHG!!!! Kerbed my wheel(lightly) this weekend again!!! Was making way for an emergency vehicle, went too much to the side and there you go :(

My old A4 of years have mint wheels, the S3 being a slightly smaller car isnt doing as well in just 6 months.:confused: