In the market for a new van

jsws3

Reaction score
Im in the market for a new van.
I need something that gives good mpg as i do alot of motoway miles.
And can't decide what to go for .

A new shap transit swb
A vauxhall vivaro sportive swb
A vw transporter t5 swb
A vito swb

If there are any people out there that use any of these vans on a day to day basis i would love to here from you and your experiance of owning one .

Any help would be super .

Not your thing maybe, but my outlaws got a new Berlingo in Italy recently, feck me does that shift mate for a 1.9, knocked it down a few & pedal to floor, turbo went like a rocket, ridiculously surprised aswell, has a fairly big space in rear, just the nippyness of it shocked me lol.

thanks mate i have a transit connect at the moment and two small.
I need something with 3 seats up front for my work as i'v taken another fitter on and can't risk any more points on m y liecence .

Had all apart from Vito, my order of recommendation;

1-Transporter
2-Transit
3-Vivaro

Cant comment on Vito as above.

Vivaro feels cheap inside and not a great drive position etc imo, transit does what it says on the tin and have been a fan for a while, Transporter ticks all boxes, had to take one as my Transit was off road once and didnt fancy it at first, until i experienced it, great van.

Tried and trusted transit, is my choice and my daily van (mwb semi high roof)
vw transporters are nice but expensive
vivaros are just ****e, expensive gearbox/clutch problems
thought about a Merc? fast, and reliable

Don't like the transits personally, really not nice for long journeys, and they start rusting very early.

Transporter would be my first choice, but new the prices are horrific... And I don't think they are as reliable as the t4s were... But still a lovely place to be.

I have a 07 vivaro and very happy with it... Had it for over 2 years Cost me under 7k with 12k on clock. I accept that it has a limited life as they do suffer clutch problems, but it cost so little il just get it fixed or change for a newer one. Although I'm told the newest ones (including mine) dont suffer as bad. But they look really smart and nice for travelling far, and taking value into consideration, vivaro gets my vote.

I've got a Vivaro atm, 56 plate, bought it 3 years ago with 22k on the clock and I'm on 75k now. It's had 2 services, 2 sets of tyres, set of discs and pads all round and its been perfect since day 1 tbh. My bro had a brand new 11 as a courtesy van the other day, and he said its massively refined, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to get another in the future. Great vans IMO.

Thanks lads iv got it down to a vivaro sportive or a transit sport st .
N8 is yours a 2.0 and what do you average mpg on a motorway run

I owned a Vauxhall Vivaro once, 2.5 V6 Diesel was a swb low top used to fly was a pleasure to drive loads of grunt only thing I didnt like about it was it was FWD which was hassle when it was wet and heavily loaded and yeah the interior wasnt anything to write home about but then again few years ago Transporters were 4/5 grand more for same spec/year/mileage.... best van I evr drove though was LWB Hi Top sprinter used to dash around London 12 hours a day in one of those comfy to drive and sit in Sprinter FTW :)

I rented a vivaro sportive to move house at the start of august, was an 11 plate with 800 miles on the clock, drove very nice, was fast for a van and i loved it, was comfortable to be in, good visibility, the cabs are higher than most other vans the same size so it was quite fun to look down upon billy bellend the builder in his banged up transit lol. To sum it up, i didnt want to give it back lol

We have a fleet of Vivaros at work. Best described as cheap shonky crap like their cars. Never been a Vauxhall fan and the experiebce of this lease agreement means I would never hand my money over for one. The lease is not being renewed!

my mate has a 06 vw LT35 lwb 2.5 109 hp 120,000 1 year mot if you are interested, it's a big van! just serviced, ready to go.....

Mines a 1.9 CDTI iirc, I get between 630-710 out of a Full tank of V-Power

I just use standard fuel but I struggle get anymore than 530/ tank (80 litres)... Mine a 2.0. You must be a very well disciplined driver. I don't exactly hammer mine though, might get the garage to have a look at her.

We have a fleet of Vivaros at work. Best described as cheap shonky crap like their cars. Never been a Vauxhall fan and the experience of this lease agreement means I would never hand my money over for one. The lease is not being renewed!

Yeah I don't like vauxhall, but that prejudice doesn't count because 95% of it is made by Renault.

I went for a transit sport in the end so glad it has air con over the last week or so .