In the market for another B7 avant.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
evening all, i'm in the market for another avant, madness some may say, but , I have now become very happy with my current avant but really want a second one for my own personal use , not the normal dogs in the back etc , down muddy lanes car which is part of the use my current one does, as much as she gets cleaned etc whenever dirty and allways looks her best , i just fancy one that i can do some nice mods too and that doesnt have to be a part time workhorse if you get my drift.

I am swinging towards a B7 S4 avant , prefer low milage but not crucial as long as it been treated nicely, if this is the case what is the better one to go with, early or late models and what sort of spec and option should i lookout for.
any feedback would be great to assist me.

rob

seen a few ads stating different engine capacity etc, i asume that the B7 S4 only came with the glorious 4.2 V8, or is that incorrect.

Correct. Only 4.2 v8

If you change your mind and start looking at B6 S4 avants, I have a lovely one for sale...

Ahha, you must have read my mind sir, been looking at a few this evening, is yours red by some chance, i do love avants in Red.

kinda had a mad moment earlier today and started looking at this,
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201509156932925?onesearchad=used,nearlynew,new&postcode=gu240lw&search-target=usedcars&page=1&model=griffith&radius=1500&sort=default&quicksearch=true&make=tvr&logcode=p

Tvr1

not an audi avant , but most certainly red.

what am i like.....

Last edited:
Hand on heart, I think a mapped 2.0T is a better car and more fun than the V8 S4.

If you want a fun car get something else, something that is proper fun.

Na , gone right off diesels at the moment, love your car mate just prefer it with

I wouldn't worry about the mileage given its history. I bet that is better than 90% of the 100k examples out there. If I had a spare £10k, I'd consider it!

Mine is actually silver, here's my thread about it:

http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=956818&start=45

I was planning to keep it long term, but due to my son's therapy, I need to sell it :-(

Yes, there are faster and more "fun" cars out there, but I love these

I read through the link , very impressed with it all, really nice only downside for me is that it's silver and i made the descision a while back to never buy a silver car again, a real shame as your car would be ideal, if only it were Red (1st prefered color ) or black .

Thanks. No worries, it'd be a boring world if we all liked the same things. My first car was red and I wouldn't have another one now. Silver was not my first choice either but the car was right. Compromising on colour was more important to me than compromising on condition.

I think you need something completely different to your Avant, the TVR for instance, there'll be lots of tinkering involved on that.

:yes:Says the man with two black Audis:yes:

probably , but i'm really into avants at the moment, i think it's an old grey hair thing........