Incartec cameras

deal

Reaction score
I'm looking to install front and rear view parking cameras to my 2018 A4, and have seen ideal cameras and interface from Incartec. Incartec have advised me to use interface 27-550-HW. I would like to know if anyone else here has experience of these camera systems. I'm not sure if I'd need to enable the camera system within the cars software, before it would work?

I don't think that Audi has front parking cameras, either rear or 360 cameras.
If you install a rear one then you can get OEM ones online and follow the installation guide, you'd have to enable it using something like ODB11.

I don't think that Audi has front parking cameras, either rear or 360 cameras.
If you install a rear one then you can get OEM ones online and follow the installation guide, you'd have to enable it using something like ODB11.
It's the non-OEM camera system I'm looking to install, from Incartec. OEM are stupid prices!

Apparently some can. Though from what I understand it all depends on the OEM parking sensors. The camera system I've found integrates with the optical parking sensor signal.

Apparently some can. Though from what I understand it all depends on the OEM parking sensors. The camera system I've found integrates with the optical parking sensor signal.
Then you already know more than me. Where'd you find/see this information that they can hook into the MMI?

Update...I finally got round to buying this camera system. It is effectively plug and play, no programming or OBD interfacing needed. The rear camera is enabled when reverse gear is selected (picks up CAN signal), and the front camera is automatically enabled immediately after coming out of reverse gear. The front camera can also be enabled at any time by pressing the optical parking sensor switch. This camera system comes with wiring and connectors to integrate with the ISO connector on the rear of the cars electronic control module in glove box. The camera system works well, and seamlessly integrates with the car.