Indicator / Hazard relay

richh

Reaction score
A quick question, so hopefully a quick answer!

I've just had what appears to be the standard relay failure, ie: indicators flash once at the most, and hazards have same symptoms.

Question is, where is the relay - behind hazard switch or in the relay box below steering wheel.
Also, could someone help me out with a part number/ code as I'm away from home and fair distance from nearest Audi shop.

That's 2 questions actually.

Car is 98 1.8T with a mere 170,000 on the clock.

Thanks

Rich

Thanks Sarah - just what I needed.
Awesome....

Rich

I have one of these brand new unused.
They are £28 from Audi you can have this one for £20 delivered if you like bud :)

Thanks all round by the look.

Effect - sorry, got the message just too late, picked one up from a local parts place, appreciate the offer though.

Cheers - Rich

guys and girls im changing the hazard relay switch on my s3, do i have to take all the front fascia off the radio and air con to access or can i acces the hazard relay by just taking the radio out? help please folks

I did mine by removing the radio, I do remember it being a bit of a pain in the **** to do though!!

On a S3 Y reg i have done mine. It was really easy didn't take my stereo out or anything. The hazard switch is the indicator relay. Pop the facia off where the hazard switch, drink holder etc is then use some pliers pull the old one out. Disconnect the plug at the back. Then fit the new one in reverse. The new one slots in. Just noticed the link on this thread. Follow his pics.