Indicator Relay Playing Up

pazaz

Reaction score
Had this problem some time ago but it dissapeared until now.

From behind the hazard waring switch the indicator ticking noise is intermittantly sounding even when the indicators are not in use.

Cant remember what was said on here when had the problem previously as it was some time ago.

Any experts on here know what the fault is? and how much of a job it is to resolve?

This and my Faulty DIS it driving me NutZ!!

Got to get them sorted now.

Thanx

hi i had this problem on my 2001 audi s3 , Its a simple 10 min job what you need to do is remover your indercator stalk trust me its simple just remove the 2 x philips screws under the plastic cowling at the bottom that gose round the stearing column . Undo the steering wheel height adjuster and pull it forward after doing this you can remove to though plastic cover as the lower cover only need to have the screws taken out remember to keep pulling the steering wheel towards you when removing the top cover. now all you need to do is remove the wires at the back of the stalk and spray wd40 or contact spay into both connections after doing this click it back together you might need to do it a few time if it still dose it do the same on the back of the hazard switch . Trust me that’s all it is i was clicking for weeks and it drove me mad and the dealers told me i needed a new stalk which I didn’t . Try the above and if you need any more help let me know

Hope this helps mate :o.k:

Anbody any ideas on how to get the Piano trim off that surrounds the hazard switch???????????

I got it done by someone but i think you need to take the head unit out and simply just pull the trim out.

It just pulls off, I got mine out by half ejecting the cup holder then pulling it from within the cup holder.