Indicator wiring

Naresh

Reaction score
Can anyone advise a way of tapping into the wing mounted indicator wiring? I unclipped the lense today and found there was no slack in the wiring and I couldn't see where it went. Ideally I'd like to know where the wiring goes from the wing - is into the engine bay then the cabin, or into some other route.

If anyone knows an easy way of tapping into the feeds for both left and right wing indicators inside the actual car somewhere please let me know as I'm going to be relocating them.

the easiest place to tap into the indicator wiring is going to be the relay, put on the hazard lights and listen for the clicking to locate it.
You may think the column stalk is the right place but its easy to cut the wrong wire, but the relay only has the indicator wiring attached.

Ok, thanks but would you know roughly where the relay would be located as there are relays in the engine bay, under the dash by the bus bar and also behind the outer kick panels by the doors. I need to connect to both left and right feeds so that my newly located indicators flash as per the existing ones - i.e on signalling from the the stalk and flashing with hazards and remote lock/unlock etc.

The relay is in the cabin, you should be able to hear it when indicating

Ok, the clicking only comes from the Hazard switch on the centre of the dash so I'm presuming the relay is within that? If so its going to be quite difficult to pull it out far enough to get to the right wires to tap into.

It will pull out, I'm sure someone on here will be along with instructions.
Normally most in-dash switchgear will pull a good 3-4 inches out from the dash.

Thanks, I managed to sort it yesterday. Quite a bit of the dash had to be dismantled to remove the hazard switch but once out I was able to run my tester on the contacts and found the right wires which send power to both left and right indicators. This probably took alot longer than taking it directly from the indicators themselves but its a much neater solution. :)