Induction Kit Reccomendations?

CSS3

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a decent induction kit for the Audi A3 8L 1.8T Sport ?

I'm not looking for a cheap piece of junk but something not too pricey.

Thank you tuffty, that thread is going to help me very much so. I will be following some of that stuff.

Personally i have just replaced the standard one for a pipercross panel filter cost 35 quid..

Tried most of them, best I found was ramair enclosed cold air intake with feed hose, although you may need to enlarge the hole in the wing to get the pipe to fit, or use standard airbox with a panel filter and a second intake hose drilled in the bottom.

So I probably went with the wrong idea by bidding on this and winning it but hey can only learn from mistakes.

I've paid for it and it's on it's way so hopefully not too bad ?

21ww83.png

Has a breather pipe also with I will place a cold air feed to.

One thing I am now stuck on is when I unplug the plugs from the box of my standard air filter the engine won't start and it also cuts out the engine when unplugged.

Any ideas??

You can't unplug the MAF or the ignition amplifier on an AGU engine as it won't start... you will have to remove the ignition amplifier from the air box and relocate it...

<tuffty/>

Normally relocate the ignition amp to the bulk head with cable ties, really somewhere it will stay cool.

i will prbably go with the standard airbox with pipercross panel filter but make the air intake hole larger or make another one.

I use a ramair dry panel filter, because it has no oil on it, which can get on the maf and they are only £25 on eBay at the moment.