Induction kits

lukejenks

Reaction score
I have searched around the forum and cant really find too much info, i have a jetex air filter and was just wondering has anymade any cold air feeds with enclosures or heatshields?

Last edited:
I've got the Jetex filter with a Jabba Sport heat shield. It's held down very tight so there's no vibration to the MAF and really does protect it from heat soak! I definitely reccommend the heat shied, very nice piece of work.

Where can you buy the heatshield? I can't fond it anywhere!

i'm in the same boat mate, cant find a jabbasport heatshield anywhere, its not even on their website?!?

i'm in the same boat mate, cant find a jabbasport heatshield anywhere, its not even on their website?!?

Yes I am looking for this too in time for my Jetex and B5 TIP. DJ Troopa where did you get yours?

Spoke to Jabbasport about their heatshields £94.20..I can think of other things to spend that amount of money on personally..

I have been sent a link for a heatshoeld on eBay for £30 so I think ill go for that!

Do you have a badger 5 3inch TIP?

does anyone ever sell these on second hand. no way I can afford that at the moment!! lol

They haven't been around long enough really, but check the classifieds.

I've tried lot's and without fail the ITG comes tops for me!

MK1S3Large.jpg

RRP is £220+VAT iirc

:)

Is there any performance advantage running an IK? even with a heat shield your under bonnet temps are still the same and the filter is still pulling hot air in. My Impreza RA dropped around 10/20 brake over the oe airbox even with a turbo blanket, front mount, heat wrapped manifold etc to keeps temps down. The oe airbox with a good filter was good for 400 brake, can the S3 be any different?

two very different products....... i would sooner pull the air from the front of the car than the engine bay, simple physics......colder air outside. like I say I've driven and tried every set-up there is and I simply wouldn't use anything else!

comparing apples to oranges and coming up with a conclusion will never get you anywhere.... this air box leaves a lot of surface area to draw airflow, and the 3" ducting pulls in a lot of air!

It's simple enought to make your own custom shield or air feed, you just need a little imagination and creative skill but both are worth doing. I noticed less lag since keeping the filter cooler.

two very different products....... i would sooner pull the air from the front of the car than the engine bay, simple physics......colder air outside. like I say I've driven and tried every set-up there is and I simply wouldn't use anything else!

comparing apples to oranges and coming up with a conclusion will never get you anywhere.... this air box leaves a lot of surface area to draw airflow, and the 3" ducting pulls in a lot of air!
Fair enough mate, if it works it works.... Bmc,s filter must be the bad egg then...for the price of them they should be A1..

I will soon be testing using a B5 TIP, standard smoothed airbox, but with a 4" cold air feed. I'll log the airflow and performance etc. then will fit a Jetex cone filter and run the same tests.

I'm using a jetex without a heat shield :blush:

A bit off topic but...

I cant understand how badger 3” tip works as it uses a reducer so that it fits the car, so how is it that it makes any difference (i know it does as I've seen the results of the tests. it just doesn't make sense in my head....lol) ?

i think its all to do with flow it removes the restriction of the stock pipe and as the reducer is chamfered like a traffic cone the air flows thru

the reducer smoothly but i think due to the air flowing so freely it loses torque low down but gains it higher up in the curve (or maybe he just

sprinkles them with magic badger dust lol)

Westle when are you going to be testing the tip with the standard airbox. Very interested to see the results

My car is booked in for a sevice and turbo refurbed on 27th. I'll be collecting it on Sunday 5th of June.

The plan is to get the 3" TIP fitted to the standard airbox during the first 2 weeks of June after I've fitted my FMIC to dump the passenger SMIC and get a 4" cold feed fitted. I'll do tests with VCDS on the standard box then with a Jetex then I'll head back down to Bills at the End of June/ start of July to get some power runs.

So keep an eye on this thread over the next 3 weeks or so.