Info albero a camme

Ale a4

Reaction score
Salve ho una A4 b6 pd130 tdi volevo informazioni riguardo l'albero a camme race ...
montando il nuovo albero devo anche gli iniettori o vanno bene quelli di serie?
ora l auto ha mappa turbo maggiorato decat EGR cancella e scarico libero..
Grazie

Hi I have an A4 b6 pd130 tdi I wanted information about the race camshaft ... by mounting the new shaft do I also have to have the injectors or are the stock ones okay? now the car has increased turbo map decat EGR clears and free exhaust .. Thank you

To answer the question about the injectors it depends on your power goal. Regular PD130/150 injectors are maxed out around 230bhp on a stock engine, but as I understand it the PD130 injectors in the Audi flow less so probably max around 210bhp

You can change the nozzles if you can still find a seller, but from personal experience I wouldn't go higher than +50% nozzles unless you enjoy telegraphing to anyone following that you're putting your foot down and pouring smoke. The bigger the nozzles the less efficient the burn so mpg drops considerably and smoke goes up quickly, not to mention sluggish starts in cold weather.

Personally I would say stick to 230bhp or less and enjoy the PD engine for what it is

Oh and 'race' camshafts simply move the power band up the range, for big power they do help but tbh you don't need one and really you benefit far more from cylinder head work which has oversized valves and ported/polished; the stock head starts becoming a restriction around 260bhp requiring greater boost pressure to force the air in.

I had both a race camshaft and head work and made 298bhp on a gtb2060vklr turbo at 2.1 bar in my past golf TDI

I saw both the nozzles and the camshaft on the tdi power website

I would like to do something quiet but with a nice character on the highs .. so I thought of putting an oversized cam ... now my hybrid turbo is at 1.7 bar .. could i raise it more to improve pa torque in the highs?

You don't need a cam on a hybrid turbo, they don't flow enough. Also be wary of putting to much boost through them as the exhaust wheel is often small and will get too hot and fail prematurely.

I would consider an uprated intercooler as keeping temps down is important on any upgrade involving more powerful hardware.

good morning everyone .. do you know if the interculer mk4 mounts on a4 b6 tdi as an upgrade? or has someone mounted a lateral smic interculer?