Info on audirsparts remapping and enginesnr Manchester?

JUS3IN

14.0 @ 98mph 2s 60ft
Reaction score
Hello all, I just had a 40 min conversation with the guy from audirsparts about his recon engines and hybrids, he said his stage 3 hybrid can make 380bhp and is only 780 quid?
Anyone done delt with them, he knows of bbt and praised his turbos.

Thinking of buying an engine of the guy, he does fully rebuilt s3 engines with ie rods for 1800 on an exchange basis. Any opinions on the company, it all looks good and he seems like a good guy...

Claims to have mapped some cars to some pretty impressive figures.

380hp is a fairly bold claim and subjective at best...

1800 for a fully rebuilt engine with IE rods is pretty cheap considering that IE rods now retail at around 500 a set... gaskets and other rebuild parts would easily take a chunk of that budget up...

I would be asking for a full list of what work is done and what parts are replaced and what brand of parts as most people seem to think a rebuild consists of some rods and shells...

Apologies for sounding skeptical but having build numerous engines myself and having seen other peoples 'rebuilds' I am personally wary of claims such as this... I wouldn't buy an engine designed to be the basis of 350 + horsepower without a full spec list

<tuffty/>

Reactions: JUS3IN
FULLY REFRESHED UNITS INCLUDE :

CHEMICALLY HOT CLEANED AT THE ENGINEERS - TO REMOVE CARBON DEPOSITS
HEADS STRIPPED AND REBUILT
HEADS SKIMMED
HEADS PRESSURE TESTED
MAINS AND BIG END SHELLS REPLACED
OIL PUMP CLEANED AND RECONDITIONED
SUMP STRAINERS REPLACED
VALVE GUIDES ARE CHECKED AND REPLACED IF NECESSARY
VALVE SEATS ARE RECUT
CAMSHAFTS ARE CHECKED FOR WEAR AND REPLACED IF NECESSARY
NEW MULTI LAYER HEAD GASKETS ARE USED IN THE REBUILD
ENGINE PAINTED IN BLACK & SILVER HEAT RESISTANT PAINT

CAMBELT KITS CAN BE FITTED AT TRADE PRICES AT TIME OF REBUILD

12 MONTH WARRANTY OFFERED ON REBUILT ENGINES

ALL ENGINES ARE ON AN EXCHANGE BASIS - WE ALLOW TIME FOR YOUR GARAGE TO REPLACE YOUR ENGINE

If you EBay forged 1.8t rebuilt engines the add comes up, stupid phone won't let me copy and paste links...
He does stock rebuilt on exchange basis for 990?

He was claiming remapping well over 300bhp on stock ko4 and twinter coolers aswell. Struggling to believe that after learning what I have on here...
Wouldn't go to him for a remap anyhow, it'll be you next time but very bold claims, hopefully he comes on here and backs it up with proof... When I said about iat's he said they run hot anyway ha!-)

No mention of new mains bolts, new crank seals, no mention of rods, rings or cylinder bore check/hone

I'd be wary of the oil pump 'refurb'... I would personally only ever use an OE pump

Valve seats don't normally need cutting... just lapping in although the exhausts can pit... I'd be wary of cutting valve seats without checking valve installed heights...

Camshafts don't wear as a rule but followers can... no mention of steam seals or cam seals

Exhaust guides will almost always need replacing as they wear

No mention of cam tensioner (VVT/non VVT)

<tuffty/>

I thought about using this company a while ago, but I just couldn't see how he could be building these reconditioned engines so cheaply, they sell a lot of stuff on eBay I've seen some low quality turbo set ups for sale claiming to make 5-600 bhp, I think he is very optimistic with his power figures. Personally I would be ringing bill and getting a quote off him on a full rebuild

....He was claiming remapping well over 300bhp on stock ko4 and twinter coolers aswell. Struggling to believe that after learning what I have on here...
Wouldn't go to him for a remap anyhow, it'll be you next time but very bold claims, hopefully he comes on here and backs it up with proof... When

300hp on a stock K04 and OE intercoolers?... run away... run away now! :)

....I said about iat's he said they run hot anyway ha!-)

...because we all know running hot is a good thing huh...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: scotty_24 and JUS3IN
I have been pm ING bill about parts costs, it's too far for me to leave the car there... my current engine isn't in a condition to mod after spinning big ends a few thousand miles ago.
Just looking at my options, I would be confident building a bottom end but I need a rebuilt head.
Who is that guy on here who recons heads?

Lol, he really talked the talk, apart from the figures he seemed to know what he was talking about....
Come to think of it he also said he mapped a car to 330bhp on stock injectors just by adding a Walbro 255 in-line??

Lol, he really talked the talk, apart from the figures he seemed to know what he was talking about....
Come to think of it he also said he mapped a car to 330bhp on stock injectors just by adding a Walbro 255 in-line??

Sorry but thats b*llux

<tuffty/>

Lol, 280-300 max on stock injectors right?

Tuffty, you should call him and have chat!-)

Record the call and post here!-)

I don't know alot but I knew enough to not get drawn in by his figures... Hoped his engines would be good tho uuurgh, gonna end up doing it myself!-)

Tuffty, you remember our chat when I spun my big ends? Do you recon it's worth checking tolerance on my crank before I have the engine out? Bill said he wouldnt want to touch it... The car runs well for 150k, uses pretty much zero oil, no smoke on boost just a little on start up or stationary in traffic.

Here's their site...

Www.audirsparts.co.uk

This is the stage 3 turbo text

Stage 3

• Upgraded Hybrid
  • RS6 CHRA and BILLET COMPRESSOR WHEEL at 46.4/62.3
  • RS6 CHRA
  • Larger Bore
  • Larger Compressor (This compressor is GT28 size)
  • Ported Gate Opening
  • High Quality Actuator
  • No Mods Necessary - Plug & Play

Expected resulting BHP - 360-380

The turbo hot side looks to be standard bore on the stage 3 pics I very much doubt it would make anywhere near the claimed figures

Not dealt with them personally but pretty sure I've seen posts on Facebook from people saying they have been ripped off or sold inferior parts from them. May be one to research a little deeper before sending money.

Of course I could be mistaken and be another company

Lol, 280-300 max on stock injectors right?

Tuffty, you should call him and have chat!-)

Record the call and post here!-)

Not my thing... no idea where he is getting his figures from but std injectors are maxed out at 280hp of airflow...

I don't know alot but I knew enough to not get drawn in by his figures... Hoped his engines would be good tho uuurgh, gonna end up doing it myself!-)

Tuffty, you remember our chat when I spun my big ends? Do you recon it's worth checking tolerance on my crank before I have the engine out? Bill said he wouldnt want to touch it... The car runs well for 150k, uses pretty much zero oil, no smoke on boost just a little on start up or stationary in traffic.

1.8t cranks are pretty resilient but spinning a bearing generally does a little damage and it would be totally worth checking it out... tbh engines are pretty cheap to buy so I'd be tempted to get one for spares if nothing else...

Here's their site...

Www.audirsparts.co.uk

This is the stage 3 turbo text

Stage 3

• Upgraded Hybrid
  • RS6 CHRA
  • Larger Bore
  • Ported Gate Opening
  • High Quality Actuator

No mods needed? a little optimistic but I can only assume it means physically it replaces the std K04... but there will be idiots out there that will assume all they need to do is bolt it on and get 380hp... when in reality they will most likely just blow up their engine....

Not really my place to pass judgement but there is nothing you have posted so that fills me with any confidence tbh...

<tuffty/>

380 hybrid
330 stock ko4

I think this fella needs to invest in a new dyno.

I am no expert but they stated 320-330 on a stage 2 hybrid - that is not a stock k04 is it?

----------------
Stage 2

• Upgraded Hybrid
  • Ported
  • RS6 CHRA
  • Larger Bore
  • Larger Compressor
  • Ported Gate Opening

Expected resulting BHP - 320-330
--------------------

And the 360-380 on a stage 3 Hybrid

-----------------------
Stage 3

• Upgraded Hybrid
  • RS6 CHRA
  • Larger Bore
  • Ported Gate Opening
  • High Quality Actuator

-------------------------

there seems to be loads of people with 300hp+ hybrid cars on this forum - why would these guys be lying?

he has been around for a couple of years now - I am sure if it was a scam he would be closed down already, its all far too expensive for me in any case - but he wouldn't have his name, address and social media presence (even if they only have 8 followers on twitter) if he was a known fraudster would he?

there seems to be loads of people with 300hp+ hybrid cars on this forum - why would these guys be lying?

he has been around for a couple of years now - I am sure if it was a scam he would be closed down already, its all far too expensive for me in any case - but he wouldn't have his name, address and social media presence (even if they only have 8 followers on twitter) if he was a known fraudster would he?

Nobody has said he is lying... optimistic is more accurate... nobody has said its a scam either...

<tuffty/>

I am no expert but they stated 320-330 on a stage 2 hybrid - that is not a stock k04 is it?

----------------
Stage 2

• Upgraded Hybrid
  • Ported
  • RS6 CHRA
  • Larger Bore
  • Larger Compressor
  • Ported Gate Opening

Expected resulting BHP - 320-330
--------------------

And the 360-380 on a stage 3 Hybrid

-----------------------
Stage 3

• Upgraded Hybrid
  • RS6 CHRA
  • Larger Bore
  • Ported Gate Opening
  • High Quality Actuator

-------------------------

He also claimed 330 on a stock ko4 with stock intercoolers and injectors. No way never going to happen.

No one said he was a scam, there's a difference. For example, loads of companies put dodgy maps on thinking they're fine, (my car was bought with a map on running 28psi boost with no changes to fuelling etc), that throw out claims, doesn't make them a scam, some actually believe it even without evidence.

Oh Okay thanks, I know there has been threads about "cheap" imports which although fit the K04 had sub-standard components or a thread which Bill explained one of the holes / vent was not big enough meaning a pressure build up etc, this advert is not even a matter of this type of potential part - just impossible to set expectations based on a turbo alone as there are so many other components involved whereby the supplier can only take a guess of ideal environments. so his advert is really the maximum it can achieve if all the other air, fuel, engine, spark, exhaust, mapping etc etc are already suitable and healthy.

wow..
his claims are BOLD indeed

:p

not for what you were asking to be done on a crank which has previously spun its bearings... No.. Obviously.
Get another crank, build another block up..

Oh Okay thanks, I know there has been threads about "cheap" imports which although fit the K04 had sub-standard components or a thread which Bill explained one of the holes / vent was not big enough meaning a pressure build up etc, this advert is not even a matter of this type of potential part - just impossible to set expectations based on a turbo alone as there are so many other components involved whereby the supplier can only take a guess of ideal environments. so his advert is really the maximum it can achieve if all the other air, fuel, engine, spark, exhaust, mapping etc etc are already suitable and healthy.

evidence of his 380bhp claim would be required to satisfy the reading masses

He also told me he had a local turbo builder modify a hybrid that a customer bought from the USA, it had a crap bearing apparently but amazing aside from this.
He said the turbo builder local to him done something which he was very secretive about, when he mapped it he said it made 402bhp iirc, its the only hybrid he has had over 400bhp he said, not running meth either..... This was with all the usual bolt ons he said.
He also said lots of people go to him with claimed bhp figures from other tuners and the cars very rarely achieve it, so he seems quite confident in his claims!!!
Would love him to come on here and be able to back up his claims.
He said he stays off the forums due to the arguments, who knows eh....
I know you lot could ask all the right questions and get to the bottom of what's going on with him.
Told me about a car from Scotland that he mapped, apparently running 750bhp..
I would love to find out his engines were done properly, half expected a load of members to have bought blocks off him tbh.

if he wants credibility and validation on here, he should bring it to my dyno for example, and show a 400bhp hybrid doing what its said to be capable of. Fair play if he's cracked it... I'm all ears.

Reactions: JUS3IN and scotty_24
If you are all talking about the same guy is his name Chris?
Been trying to get hold of him for the last 3 months but no joy.
Even his mobile is inactive so all I can guess is that they've either gone under or moved. Landline number the same but no one picks up.