Information about alloy sizes?

jav786

Reaction score
hello guys

does anyone know what OFFSET and PCD the alloys need to be to fit on a 55 plate audi a3, 3 doors?

is it

5x112 = PCD

Offset = 45 to 50

is this all i need in regards to alloys wheels, aswel as the number of studs lol?

What other Marques alloys fit straight onto the A3s?
I've seen merc alloys, Bentley alloys, VW, Seat, Skoda?

What other Marques alloys fit straight onto the A3s?
I've seen merc alloys, Bentley alloys, VW, Seat, Skoda?

Bentley/VW/Seat/Skoda are all VAG. As are Lambo. As long as they are 5x112 (older VAG's can be 5x100) then they will bolt on. Width and offset varies, so the right PCD doesn't guarantee they'll fit properly.

Merc are 5x112 also, but centre bore is different, and offset can be way out.

Your best bet is to post up the info of anything you see you fancy, and N8 and I will publicly argue about whether we think they'll fit or not :)

Cheers Pete - picking car up tommorow which has the standard 5 spoke S-Line alloys, will be changing them as soon as i find some nice replacements - do Porche wheels fit or are adapters needed (seem Golfs with them on)?

Cheers Pete - picking car up tommorow which has the standard 5 spoke S-Line alloys, will be changing them as soon as i find some nice replacements - do Porche wheels fit or are adapters needed (seem Golfs with them on)?

Porsche are 5x130 so adapters needed yeah.

Porsche wheels would be nce but it's a bit of a job with the adaptors figuring it all out, could cost a bomb and look bad.... I put 19" Merc AMG wheels on a previous Passat B6 (newer Chrome front) and the offset was just too low (smaller number means they stick out further, no less than 42 is realistic) the wheels sat too far out.

As above the bore is diferent on most other firms wheels but you can get spiggot rings to make them hubcentric (nylon adaptor fits inside wheel to ensure it fits to hub properly and doesn't wobble at 80mph) for about £10.

Put some pics up when you get some wheels. Good luck!