****ing idiots

hades-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
RANT

sent the focus ST3 into the garage today to have the aircon gassed up.
as I had to have a new pump fitted.

My gf took it to challenger in Sheffield left the car running with the car key in the ashtray. as she always does,
the bloke did the work needed she paid for the regas and drove off.

she stopped at a shop 1.2 mile away and shut the car down went to get the key and it wasn't there.
so could not restart the car called me I called the garage the bloke had put the key in his pocket and forgot about it.
he would not take the key to my gf so I had to take her a spare key. then had to go collect the key he had so I had a word with the owner and got a full refund.

and yes I know the gf should have checked the key was there.

Last edited:
Reactions: RS3dan and ScottD3
will re-read when grammar police step in.

ah well ill spell how the **** I like and if you don't like to read it don't come on the page and type ?

Reactions: Goner
I've read this a few times but, I don't follow and it's bugging me!

Did your wife leave the key in the ashtray of the ST? Then left having paid? Wouldn't the key be left with the car?

Or did she leave a house key in the ashtry?

ashtray in car but the man that did the regas put it in his pocket for some unknown reason

Didn't the warning beep start sounding as the car in effect drove away from the key? It does on mines

My question is what sort of crazy-*** car lets you pull the key from the ignition while its running?! I cannot recall ever owning a single vehicle that let me do that!

Edit: Derp... I get it now... is this one of those newfangled "keyless" fob jobbies with starter button? It just doesn't feel right unless you stick something in the dash in my opinion </ oldschool >

Edit again: ninja'd

Last edited: