Inglostadt and nurburgring

Wack0jack0

Reaction score
Has anyone done a road trip to the ingolstadt, done the tour, done the Audi driving experiences and the ring?

Any advice of places to stay on the way down etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone done a road trip to the ingolstadt, done the tour, done the Audi driving experiences and the ring?

Any advice of places to stay on the way down etc?

I'm calling at both in September on the way to Italy.
First stop is a B&B in the Eifel National Park about 45 mins from the ring.
As for Ingolstadt, there's loads of hotels near the Audi Forum/Museum. Found one (ING Hotel) which has a secure underground car park about half a mile away. If time permits I'll take a quick tour but can't be late picking the wife up from Munich Airport (she refuses to do the Autobahn with me for some reason!!).

Reactions: Terminator x
I'm calling at both in September on the way to Italy.
First stop is a B&B in the Eifel National Park about 45 mins from the ring.
As for Ingolstadt, there's loads of hotels near the Audi Forum/Museum. Found one (ING Hotel) which has a secure underground car park about half a mile away. If time permits I'll take a quick tour but can't be late picking the wife up from Munich Airport (she refuses to do the Autobahn with me for some reason!!).

Brill. Is it reasonable to get to the Eifel national park in one day from the uk?

Brill. Is it reasonable to get to the Eifel national park in one day from the uk?

I'm in Nottinghamshire so it's about 4hrs to folkestone and another 3.5hrs to Eifel so with a break waiting for the tunnel etc, depending where you are I'd say so.
A few years ago I went from Notts to Frankfurt via the ring but that was pushing it a bit tiredness wise at almost 11hrs total driving.
Top tip for the tunnel (assuming that's how you'll cross), book in as if you're taking bikes on the roof. That way you get to go on the single layer carriage which are wider kerb to kerb. The check in staff are used to nice cars doing this, costs a bit more but cheaper than a wheel refurb.

I've done Nurburgring on 2 wheels. Yes it's an experience but I wouldn't bother again. Watch out for all the idiots who think they're F1 drivers but don't have a clue about racing line, the same ones that have all the power in a straight line but **** themselves when it comes to turning the wheel......

I'm in Nottinghamshire so it's about 4hrs to folkestone and another 3.5hrs to Eifel so with a break waiting for the tunnel etc, depending where you are I'd say so.
A few years ago I went from Notts to Frankfurt via the ring but that was pushing it a bit tiredness wise at almost 11hrs total driving.
Top tip for the tunnel (assuming that's how you'll cross), book in as if you're taking bikes on the roof. That way you get to go on the single layer carriage which are wider kerb to kerb. The check in staff are used to nice cars doing this, costs a bit more but cheaper than a wheel refurb.

From kent so pretty close to Folkestone.
Thanks that’s such a good tip about the tunnel!!

I've done Nurburgring on 2 wheels. Yes it's an experience but I wouldn't bother again. Watch out for all the idiots who think they're F1 drivers but don't have a clue about racing line, the same ones that have all the power in a straight line but **** themselves when it comes to turning the wheel......

Ha good point thanks! I just want to tick it off the list you know.

Reactions: Garrett 69
From kent so pretty close to Folkestone.
Thanks that’s such a good tip about the tunnel!!

Blimey, you can roll out of bed into the tunnel!! You'll make the ring easy from yours.

If you do get challenged at the check in booth just tell them you've booked for the extra width. I dread to think how narrow the other carriages are if this is the width on the wide ones.

Db30976b f801 4577 9413 8f7d7c6ae963

Not sure how much driving you've done on the continent, but think of Belgium as being like the UK in terms of standards/roadworks. Once clear of Brussels it's OK though.

Reactions: Wack0jack0