Facelift Injector Cleaning Service ???

Charles Grandfield

Reaction score
hi,

I am having misfire issues at idle/low revs which my trusted garage believes to be an injector issue.

I have had new coil packs and spark plugs fitted so that possible issue has been eliminated.

Does anyone know of any injector testing and cleaning services in the South Wales area or potentially a postal service option that they have used or heard good things about?

Trust garage unfortunately does not do it.

thanks

Injectortune.co.uk, I've just used them and they were spot on! Send by post.

Have you got obd tool to see which cylinder is misfiring?
I would check and see which one is misfiring and swap the injector with another cylinder and see does it follow. Similarly with coil packs swap from misfiring cylinder and see if it follows. Ive had in the past coil packs busted fresh out the box.

Have you got obd tool to see which cylinder is misfiring?
I would check and see which one is misfiring and swap the injector with another cylinder and see does it follow. Similarly with coil packs swap from misfiring cylinder and see if it follows. Ive had in the past coil packs busted fresh out the box.

it's a fairly strange one as a get a lot of misfires across all for about 30 seconds whilst it has a wobble at idle, then if I just nudge the revs over 2k and let it settle back down it will be fine.

it's a fairly strange one as a get a lot of misfires across all for about 30 seconds whilst it has a wobble at idle, then if I just nudge the revs over 2k and let it settle back down it will be fine.

This may be carbon buildup on the back of the intake valves. Common on some direct injection Audi engines. Might be best to have a shop use a scope and look at the back side of the intake valves for good measure. If they are dirty they will need to be cleaned of carbon. Usually solves sporadic cold start misfires.