Injector number checking and coding

den911

Reaction score
This is a bit of a follow up to my post earlier regarding the Hex can and vcds , I have since found out that I have UDS and found a link on how to prime the the fuel after a filter replacement ,its now called tail lift etc anyway I managed that and car as started...I am now looking to find how I can check the injector numbers stored on the ecu to the ones on the car that's my first job but since I have been looking at non uds ways I have no idea how to do it ,,As anyone done this via vcds uds...

All info is here: (2.0 CR TDI) if yours is different, search that site from the top level tree.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/inde....29_and_Injector_Voltage_Adjustment_.28ISA.29

Prerequisites:

• Ignition ON
  • Engine OFF
[Select]
[01 - Engine]

[Adaptation - 10]
Channel 071: IMA-ISA Value for Cylinder 1 -or- IDE00263 Injector 1 correction value
Channel 072: IMA-ISA Value for Cylinder 2 -or- IDE00264 Injector 2 correction value
Channel 073: IMA-ISA Value for Cylinder 3 -or- IDE00265 Injector 3 correction value
Channel 074: IMA-ISA Value for Cylinder 4 -or- IDE00266 Injector 4 correction value
Enter the actual values from each fuel injector as needed.
[Test]
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]
CR (Common Rail) TDI engines should NOT be operated without fuel so that operation is absolutely necessary after ANY fuel system repairs! Perform the Fuel Pump Basic Settings BEFORE the engine is cranked or started!

• Switch Ignition OFF, wait 10 seconds and switch Ignition ON again. The values should be saved now, please verify them by double checking the adaptation values.
  • The Test value shows "AAAAAAA" if you have entered an implausible value. If the IMA-ISA value on the new injector is difficult to read, consider scanning the QR code with a smart phone app.

Just read your UDS post mate, anyway the adaptation channels should still be there, only basic measuring block numbers no longer exist on yours as I'm sure you now know. Mine has mixed UDS and non_UDS modules fitted. Pain in the ****.

Just read your UDS post mate, anyway the adaptation channels should still be there, only basic measuring block numbers no longer exist on yours as I'm sure you now know. Mine has mixed UDS and non_UDS modules fitted. Pain in the ****.
Hi, that was the issue as i was not familiar with the uds protocol, i have since found the format and how to code now i think..

Well the injector coding is still in Engine 01 > Adaptation 10 > Channel 71 to 74.

Why not check if the current numbers match now. If they don't, you may get away with just recoding one and either way at least you'll know the codings are accessible.

Checked current number value and all match , already put security code in to allow changes looks straight forward

Sound, good luck with it mate.
Started the job today as only had one injector arrive the other 3 in next couple of days, 1 and 4 injectors had good values but 2 and 3 we’re pretty higher so just changing 2 3 and 4 ...So I decided to start on 1 and 2 the clips on the return pipe were tricky but ended up using thin nose pliers that did the job 17mm high pressure pipes were fine to remove so was the T40 torx ....The injectors took some persuading but found slight moving from side to side with a socket over the pipe inlet worked then pulled them up , pic is straight from removing...
C33F0E6D 8FFA 4B98 9F85 F749CB1C536C

They muck was not stuck on and came off easy enough with a quick wipe , only issue I am concerned about is the torquing up of the clamp bolt , now I have not used my torque wrench for years so I tested it at 140 nm on a wheel but and was fine but then I set it to 7 nm and tried it on the clamp bolt believing that if it was at a correct torque it would not tighten down but it would either my wrench is out or it’s not been tightened correct at some time ...I don’t half get paranoid as I don’t want a snapped bolt

That could be the way to go,also noticed they do have a range and the one I have may not have a range below 10nm so that could be why as I noticed the one on screwfix is from 7-112nm

Last edited:
good stuff, I have one of those little ones I only use it for glow plugs etc, brilliant wee thing. Thats the one I linked to ya, the 5-25 one.

good stuff, I have one of those little ones I only use it for glow plugs etc, brilliant wee thing. Thats the one I linked to ya, the 5-25 one.
I may never use it again but not worth the risk ,managed to get 3 and 4 out just waiting for the other injectors ,I might try and code injector 2 that I have replaced today don't suppose they all need to be connected for that

Not sure, if some are not connected you may just throw error codes when the ignition goes on. I'd make sure all 4 are hooked up including the one you want to recode

Job finished tonight and after initial start up its looking good , no initial clatter on low revs and idle as improved only done a 15 mile test but as said looking good possibly more improvement if I change no 1 injector for a new one that would make it a complete new set.....on the clamp bolt I went 7nm with a 180