Injector values

Andreashadji

Reaction score
So does that look ok?
From a 2.0 TDI ...
38d3a619f24ac3c68417cb7ada619ed9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First and second looks a bit more worn than the rest, but the values as I remember are good. But if you're looking for bad injectors the only real way to find that out is to put them on the injector stand.
These are values of my injectors, which looked good on VCDS, but I still had sometimes rough idle and some smoke, and, when I put them on the stand, all 6 were leaking and had to be replaced on my old car - B7 3.0 TDi.
1baa20de1b8d0575f266cef44ecb7928.jpg

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw

Reactions: Andreashadji
All injectors appear to be within tolerance ,my cayc 1.6tdi after the so called ea189 fix were all running between 1.0 and 2.0

Well thanks guys,it’s a relief!any good additives-cleaners that actually work and I could use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All injectors appear to be within tolerance ,my cayc 1.6tdi after the so called ea189 fix were all running between 1.0 and 2.0
Sorry but that doesn’t mean they’re correct

Sorry but that doesn’t mean they’re correct
In what sense is correct , they all appear to running as they should within tolerance albeit N02 a tad out but no big issue..What do they need to be running at to be correct as when i put 4 brand new injectors in mine and checked not one was the same value ,all between - and + 1 at idle .

In what sense is correct , they all appear to running as they should within tolerance albeit N02 a tad out but no big issue..What do they need to be running at to be correct as when i put 4 brand new injectors in mine and checked not one was the same value ,all between - and + 1 at idle .

You wont always see an issue in plain sight, so just because Audi fitted something new does not mean it’s done correctly. Look up 170PPD injector recall, day zero apprentices were doing the job because the actual mechanics didn’t want liability.

I’m not the expert but if you read around the forum it commonly says between 3 and -3 is “within spec”, however many say this is actually the spec at which they are entirely exhausted, and just kind of like a tap. Therefore if you were running at for example 2.0 that still is not amazing

Anyway the performance is not just affected by the age of the injector, but more importantly the installation into the injector bore, the all important injector seal achieved. Many have fixed issues by installing new seals after properly cleaning and installing the seal alongside a new tty bolt. (This seems easy but can go horribly wrong)