Injectors & LPFP capabilities

William McGougan

Reaction score
Hi all, me again, what kind of.power is the safe maximum for the standard LPFP and standard S3 injectors, I'm thinking of having my turbo overhaulled and upgraded at same time to a hybrid via turbodynamics which makes it good for 400bhp

400 bhp is the limit for std injectors, but you will need a 155Bar PRV (rather than the RS4 one) to get near the magic 400 mark. This is a realistic figure based on my own car and a reliable dyno. Dynos can over-read by around 5% (sometimes more) = equates to 20bhp at these levels, which is why you see people quoting 380+ bhp for a stage 2+ S3.

Who is doing your map?

Cool mate thanks, would most likely be APR again or custom, just weighing up my options if it's my turbo/actuator that is faulty, and need to know what I can run, so turbo will be fine with Injectors would just be a 155 FRV

It depends on the tuner. It used to be that the standard S3 injectors were fine with the 165 bar fuel valve and this is still the case with APR. However, some tuners prefer a bit more headroom with a hybrid and nowadays will only map the car if you have RS3 injectors with the suitable head modification so they can sit giving the best spray pattern. These injectors allow the lower pressure RS4 valve to be used. It also puts the cost up considerably including a modified injector loom. Check out AKS for costings.
In all cases an uprated RS3 LPFP is required.
I would hope for more than 400 BHP from a hybrid.
Do you have all the rest of the upgraded hardware to allow the engine to produce its full potential?

Yeah the hybrid is converting my turbo, it's at a cost of £500 so not all that costly, it's rated to 24psi so unsure if my stage 2+ tune would be ok as I don't know the boost pressure for Apr stage 2+

The latest APR stage 2+ software is version 3.4. This is the tune for a standard K04 turbo. Whilst it will run, you will need it custom remapping to suit the turbo.

The latest APR stage 2+ software is version 3.4. This is the tune for a standard K04 turbo. Whilst it will run, you will need it custom remapping to suit the turbo.

Yeah I know, I have saw alot.of guys run it however with tte420 and get impressive numbers, however unsure on reliability, I think I may just have my turbo reconditioned and new actuator on as mine has went soft