Facelift Install LED on 2014 A3

CanadaA3wales

Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP
Reaction score
Hey
New to forum and thought I would join as I want to do some stuff on my new 5dr
I came from a VW Golf 2011 and that had everything, front and rear reverse, I could skip tracks on my wheel, but you cant on the Audi.
Seems strange that such an expensive car does not even have cruise or reversing sensors.
Anyway I knew this when I bought it, and I always wanted a 2.0 A3 5dr
My first steps are are brand new tyres all around, cambelt and pump being done on friday.
After this I want to install LED Headlights.
I have seen the ones on Amazon:

Amazon product

Buying these seems very simple and straightforward, but the last ones like this I bought for my golf would never fit due to the size.

Whats the best and cheapest way to install LED lights?

Thanks all

I programmed my steering wheel star button to skip to the next track.

Reactions: Baka and CanadaA3wales
Image attached, something like this

Attachments

• 51rTXDCBMcL._AC_SY400_ML2_.jpg
    51rTXDCBMcL._AC_SY400_ML2_.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 69
Hey
New to forum and thought I would join as I want to do some stuff on my new 5dr
I came from a VW Golf 2011 and that had everything, front and rear reverse, I could skip tracks on my wheel, but you cant on the Audi.
Seems strange that such an expensive car does not even have cruise or reversing sensors.
Anyway I knew this when I bought it, and I always wanted a 2.0 A3 5dr
My first steps are are brand new tyres all around, cambelt and pump being done on friday.
After this I want to install LED Headlights.
I have seen the ones on Amazon:

Amazon product

Buying these seems very simple and straightforward, but the last ones like this I bought for my golf would never fit due to the size.

Whats the best and cheapest way to install LED lights?

Thanks all

Have a watch , I know YT can be full of rubbish but basically the reflector of you car is made for halogen bulbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so much @Georgeinabz
Im still getting used to the car. Its nicer than my golf, but has less features which is strange, but I suppose its a trade off as you are buying a better name, even though they are made by the same people lol

VW are pretty generous with the options, whereas Audi like to appear competitive on price, by making everything a cost option. It's not as bad as it used to be though. The B6 was basic AF unless you got into the options list, my B7 is still pretty sparse.

Its an amazing ride, feels better than the Golf 1.6. you can definitely feel the 150bph in 6th when you need it on the motorway.
I will get there.
The car used to be a lease, and there was only 1 service history with the car. Would Audi be able to give me a record if the car ever went to them, or would they claim GDPR ?

Its an amazing ride, feels better than the Golf 1.6. you can definitely feel the 150bph in 6th when you need it on the motorway.
I will get there.
The car used to be a lease, and there was only 1 service history with the car. Would Audi be able to give me a record if the car ever went to them, or would they claim GDPR ?

Can’t see that being a problem , my wife’s car is going to an indi on Tuesday and he was able to look up the record and I believe add to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to go into Audi on wednesday as the guy sold the car without a Locking wheel nut key, he has paid for a new one which is nice.
Will ask when I go in.
So you cant install any LED lights without buying a full unit?
The only other things I want to do is get the alloys powder coated, hopefully get reverse sensors, would like a camera but they seem to be a PITA to install to show on the screen.
Thanks for your help. Nice forum