Installing AFR gauge on AUM (wideband/ME7.5)

VAG-Slag

Reaction score
Berkshire, Surry, Hampshire tri-intersect
As I'm getting in the final few pieces for my hybrid build my attention is drawn to monitoring, so I'm thinking oil pressure, AFR and possibly EGT gauges are in order...

On an AUM engine (which I understand is wideband?) do I need a second lambda in the down pipe for AFR or can I just tap into the original one?

If so what's the best way of doing this, at the ECU?

EGT and AFR are not the same... both are preferable on a turbo car and having good AFR doesn't mean you have good EGTs...

I'd have both tbh

<tuffty/>

I know they're not the same... As I said though, can do AFR on liquid if I have to so maybe look into EGT

I'm sure you would tuffty, but the last thing I need right now is more things to spend money on :dejection: sh!t is getting outa control over here! lol

The EGT gauge Prawn has works well and is reasonably priced... alternatively you could look at the VEMs as they do a gauge with AFR and EGT in one

<tuffty/>

Yea, BBT Dan does a reasonably priced EGT gauge... Only thing is I'm running a ported stock mani so will be difficult to weld anything onto. Was wondering if I'd get away with drilling and tapping into the top (bit bodge obvs!)

Just had a quick look at those VEMs dual gauges- Doesnt seem much cheaper and the gauge it's self looks hideous!

Or weld a boss to the DP... or onto the hotside of the turbo

<tuffty/>

20140316_133155.jpg

<tuffty/>

i would weld onto the k03 manifold as opposed tap as the manifolds less likely to crack from the differential expansions on welded than tapped into the manifold

or in downpipe and allow for its temp to be lower reading than if in collector/turbo area

best place in my opinion for the EGT is in the manifold .
had one in my last car and it worked really well as always a good idea to keep an eye on the egt's