Installing Metal OEM pedals

CanadaA3wales

Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP
Reaction score
I just bought the manual set of S/RS pedals from Audi and just need to know how to fit them before I start.

Do they just slide on as there are no screws or anything in the box?

I just want to ensure I have everything I need before I start.

Just tried to install.
I think the brake and clutch just pull off as they are rubber toppers, but the accelerator looks like its a all in one unit and cannot figure out how to install the gas pedal.

Never mind ignore this post, the accelerator just goes over the existing pedal, the rest just rip off and replace.

Never mind ignore this post, the accelerator just goes over the existing pedal, the rest just rip off and replace.

I found it easier to remove throttle pedal from the car to fit it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bucket of warm water to make the rubber more pliable worked on my brothers A3

Reactions: JohnM100
Yeah I tried a little while ago and the rubber was solid because of the cold. I may run the heater on the floor for a bit.
Thats a good idea @Alan66 I will see if I can reach the mounting points. My mechanical experience is very limited lol

Yeah I tried a little while ago and the rubber was solid because of the cold. I may run the heater on the floor for a bit.
Thats a good idea @Alan66 I will see if I can reach the mounting points. My mechanical experience is very limited lol

Mine had one torx screw and electrical plug

Mine had one torx screw and electrical plug

Ah right so I can just disconect without issue and wont bring up errors by me removing the elec cable? Seems a lot easier that trying to move the rubber around the pedal in situe

Ah right so I can just disconect without issue and wont bring up errors by me removing the elec cable? Seems a lot easier that trying to move the rubber around the pedal in situe

It’s simple. 1 screw, lift throttle and lift away then remove plug.
Little bit of fairy liquid around rim of pedal cover to ease getting the rim of pedal cover over the pedal. A bit of heat will be your friend to soften the rubber

Glad you got yours on. I bought some from eBay that were recommended by people on here but they are awful quality and missing some groves from the OEM that help keep them attached! I will be buying the OEM ones now.